Off Topic Lake simcoe east side

Puddle Jumper

Planning on heading up yo lake simcoe tomorrow for afternoon evening fish

Thinking Pefflaw wondering if anyone has info on where to park and to get minnows ....haven't fished east side in years and only Beaverton area

Staying nite in Orillia then fishing again somewhere Sunday morning

We are heading up to Cooks Bay, was going to be early tomorrow morning departure till Monday or Tuesday. Got a call to head out plowing at midnight tonight. So that will put us behind on getting there tomorrow.
We’ve booked the Travel Lodge in Barrie to stay at.

We are heading up to Cooks Bay, was going to be early tomorrow morning departure till Monday or Tuesday. Got a call to head out plowing at midnight tonight. So that will put us behind on getting there tomorrow.
Cooks bay is our backup plan . .but I believe the fishing is better on the east side right now .....size wise anyway ??? Staying at the best western in Orillia..... sovhave option to fish lake Couchiching on Sunday if don't do well Saturday afternoon

I am still working until 1 am so won't be an early start for us either

Good luck @Three Bouys to you and likely Brendan as well,and whoever else is going ice fishing with you there. Too bad that long point bay is a “No Show” this year,as of now at least anyways,for it would of have been nice to have met up again with you & Brendan,out on the ice again,such like in the previous year’s. Tight lines to you All!! on Cooks Bay & plenty of Perch ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞 😉👍🙂

Attachments

• 4DBCDD4E-8937-4383-953A-45BBE082A8B1.jpeg
    4DBCDD4E-8937-4383-953A-45BBE082A8B1.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 30
Planning on heading up yo lake simcoe tomorrow for afternoon evening fish

Thinking Pefflaw wondering if anyone has info on where to park and to get minnows ....haven't fished east side in years and only Beaverton area

Staying nite in Orillia then fishing again somewhere Sunday morning
Here’s hoping for you, Tight lines & Perch On!! @Puddle Jumper 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

I'm 10 to 15 out by monto reno marina but it been dead since pike went by

Went to Port bolster on Saturday...parked and got minnows at Casey's

Taj and his guys were great .

We walked out where they and another person suggested and fished in 25 fow .....lots of throw backs . Taj and his staff even checked on us several times and overed us ride back in but I didn't take the hitches for my hut and sleigh as we planned on walking

Only talked to one person whom had decent fishing
Otherwise everyone said tuff day.

Went to Rama

Then went to tudhope park this morning
Moved 3 times ....only a few dinks ... decided to call it a weekend

Simcoe turns tough in February for anyone that can’t get on it often. January or March are the best times in my opinion. I usually do well both months but February we don’t go up anymore. If I did I’d fish around snake Island or PB 30+ fow. This pic is from my last trip to cooks in January, 2 man limit.

Attachments

• FE26D07C-1DAC-4BF5-8365-FC66DCD9FCA6.jpeg
    FE26D07C-1DAC-4BF5-8365-FC66DCD9FCA6.jpeg
    116.5 KB · Views: 22
I'll take the ATV out of port Bolster, have you seen any pressure cracks that I should be worried about? How snow banks?
Did not see any pressure cracks and we walked 3 + miles there is an ever green trail all the out marking a well traveled path ....there are some snow drifts but nothing of any concern....but it was hard packed when I was there -16

Almost got truck stuck driving onto ice to access parking .... there is a plowed spot on ice .... but it was worth paying 10 $ and pack at Casey's

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks