Smoker Problem

hvyhaul

Leftovers.

When one, at least for me, fires up a smoker it isn't for a drumstick or a chicken wing, it's for something substantial.

The other day I added another pile of leftovers to the already huge list by doing this in the smoker for The Wife and I.

daplate.jpgdabyrd.jpg

I'll be heading to my mother's place with a huge pile of portioned frozen meals later this week so very little ever gets wasted.

The issue is, I'm getting cravings for some brisket.

That's a huge amount of meat for just the two of us.

I know The Neighbour is good for a pound or two if pressured enough and the kids, if their busy lives permit would probably help out.

I hope I can suppress this urge as I don't want to face hocking/peddling brisket up and down the street when the deed is done. LOL

Probably just stop for a feed of it when I'm in the South if I can resist until then. 🤪 :ROFLMAO: 🌻

We waste nothing... Its just the wife and i... We put some in the freezer, soups and usually do a meal in wraps or hot sandwiches... The pelicans next door get some as well...

Did you stuff that bird before putting it in the smoker? If so , how long and at what temp? I was worried that the stuffing wouldn’t let the inside temperature get high enough.

Did you stuff that bird before putting it in the smoker? If so , how long and at what temp? I was worried that the stuffing wouldn’t let the inside temperature get high enough.

Wasn't planning on it but The Wife russled up some stuffing and there we were. LOL

It was more roasting than smoking.

350* and then 400* to finish. Ran the Treager probe to 165* and did the leg break test to be sure.

Breaks easy and no blood? It's done. 😁 🌻

We waste nothing... Its just the wife and i... We put some in the freezer, soups and usually do a meal in wraps or hot sandwiches... The pelicans next door get some as well...

Same here @jammer hence the 40+ meals (20 or more normal people meals) going to my 96 yr old mom.

I meal vacseal pack steaks and chops, buy smaller roasts, but briskets are 10-16 lb average and frozen and reheated brisket just isn't as good as the first cutting. (My mouth is watering lol)

Oh well, I'll figure something out. LOL 🌻

Western Meats in London sells brisket by the pound, $7.99 last time I checked.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks