Parking in Kempenfelt Bay?

Fishermanpaul

Anyone been up to Kempefelt and know of any good parking spots? I've found a couple parks I'm going to try, never hurts to hear more options though!

Tight Lines,
Paul

Anyone been up to Kempefelt and know of any good parking spots? I've found a couple parks I'm going to try, never hurts to hear more options though!

Tight Lines,
Paul
I just go to the very end of Big Bay point rd, find a parking space , then walk onto the ice using the public beach at the end. Always plenty of parking when i arrived.

Good topic as I am making a trip up to Simcoe in a few weeks. I'm interested to know where any free, or reasonably priced parking is anywhere along lake Simcoe. I haven't been there post COVID and have heard out of towners getting tickets or gouged for parking.

I usually go outta Virginia Beach and park on the ice along the shoreline.

I just go to the very end of Big Bay point rd, find a parking space , then walk onto the ice using the public beach at the end. Always plenty of parking when i arrived.
Good topic as I am making a trip up to Simcoe in a few weeks. I'm interested to know where any free, or reasonably priced parking is anywhere along lake Simcoe. I haven't been there post COVID and have heard out of towners getting tickets or gouged for parking.
Always free parking in this area, cost nothing, i hated paid parking.

You also have to pay $40 for day parking
$40 a day for parking!! 😳 @Centerspin ?? That’s outrageous!! 😱 Does that include bait & a shuttle to and from the perch,etc., “honey hole’s??” as well!! 🙃😉 Not a bad deal I suppose,if you are taking a family out in one vehicle,for a day of ice fishing. 🎣🐟🐟👍🙂

Always free parking in this area, cost nothing, i hated paid parking.
@Extra Virgin the last time that I ice fished,( which was solo that day on Lake Simcoe),around 10 year’s ago,was off Innisfil Beach. The parking fee was $10 then,( it’s likely a bit higher now),but there was plenty of parking there. From the parking lot,I headed towards Fox Island,( photo’s),in search for laker’s & whitefish that morning.I had no luck that morning,but the Bass Pro Shop were I dropped in on my way home to London,made my day,with great fishing tackle sales there. Wishing you a safe trip & tight lines,when you do go to Lake Simcoe for likely some perch,( which you like to fish for), action. 🎣🐟🐟🐟🤞👍🙂

Attachments

• 8DC66C28-D3A3-4B71-8B2D-7C8D9130AAA2.jpeg
    8DC66C28-D3A3-4B71-8B2D-7C8D9130AAA2.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 11
  • 4701E18E-4D43-408A-8610-ED33253AA8AB.jpeg
    4701E18E-4D43-408A-8610-ED33253AA8AB.jpeg
    275.2 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
$40 a day for parking!! 😳 @Centerspin ?? That’s outrageous!! 😱 Does that include bait & a shuttle to and from the perch,etc., “honey hole’s??” as well!! 🙃😉 Not a bad deal I suppose,if you are taking a family out in one vehicle,for a day of ice fishing. 🎣🐟🐟👍🙂
Thers a whole area of insane parking rates. Tudhope in Orliila in the summer, Gilford city parking and Tiffin launch in Barrie, these are $50 a day just to park. If you are a local resident u get a pass and park for free.

Thers a whole area of insane parking rates. Tudhope in Orliila in the summer, Gilford city parking and Tiffin launch in Barrie, these are $50 a day just to park. If you are a local resident u get a pass and park for free.
Those are insane parking rates for sure 😱 @Centerspin !! One way to keep Tourists away,and definitely,”NO Thanks!!” 😠 that I will ever pay 💰 that much for parking!! 👎👎 I will stay in Southwestern,Ontario,and hoping for perhaps an ice fishing season here on long point bay in February. 🎣🐟🐟🤞🙂 I wonder though,how much perch I could buy for $50?? Plus of course,the cost of gasoline,(which isn’t like it used to be-photo March 2020),and the accommodation for a night or two,etc.,in the Orillia,etc.,area. 💰💰😠👎

Attachments

• 04A4B61A-D919-4128-BD22-7D23CBAFC770.jpeg
    04A4B61A-D919-4128-BD22-7D23CBAFC770.jpeg
    268.3 KB · Views: 19
  • AA4F9607-47FF-4364-B6D7-48FE7BF002CE.jpeg
    AA4F9607-47FF-4364-B6D7-48FE7BF002CE.jpeg
    265.8 KB · Views: 20
Hi Erich, a buddy had to pay $100.00 at innisfil to park and launch his boat for a days fishing.
It's getting so they don't want out of town people around Simcoe.

Thanks everyone for the advice, I ended up finding a free parking lot, it wasn’t plowed but my car didn’t get stuck ahah. It’s crazy though, all the lots are 50 dollars a day pretty much.

Started the day in 40 feet of water at the bottom of a steep point. Saw a lot of marks on the flasher, put the camera down for a birds eye view and it was just herring, and eventually nothing. So I spudded my way out deeper. 54 feet of water now, marking fish again, after putting the camera down I see it’s herring, and eventually no marks show up. So I keep spudding out to a 80 ft shelf with a slight depression that was between two steep drop offs, creating what I hoped was a feeding shelf for whitefish.

We fished there for awhile, marking fish which seemed large enough to be whitefish but nothing would bite. I went to try a pinch point on the shelf, as I’m dropping down I hear the drag screaming behind me as my girlfriend hooks up on a nice whitefish!

For sure fun for our first time going for whitefish! 42EB330C-722D-4938-B55A-BC2209502A88.jpeg13E25D66-0510-4F2A-A29A-3CD57EB4E868.jpeg

Hi Erich, a buddy had to pay $100.00 at innisfil to park and launch his boat for a days fishing.
It's getting so they don't want out of town people around Simcoe.
😳 That’s outrageous!! 😳 @Fish Farmer !! to pay that much,( $100 👎👎 ),at Innisfil to park there and to launch a boat there as well
now!! 👎👎😱 I guess that they don’t want our “Tourist” dollar’s,and that’s too bad!! It’s a beautiful park there,and I would have loved to have gone back there. On a side note,here’s hoping 🤞 @Fish Farmer for an ice fishing season on long point bay this year again,and if so,we could meet up out on the ice again,such like in the last couple of year’s,when there was “Safe” ice out on long point bay. I still have your contact number,and you call me anytime as well. Tight lines & hopefully 🤞 🤞 Perch ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍😎

Those are insane parking rates for sure 😱 @Centerspin !! One way to keep Tourists away,and definitely,”NO Thanks!!” 😠 that I will ever pay 💰 that much for parking!! 👎👎 I will stay in Southwestern,Ontario,and hoping for perhaps an ice fishing season here on long point bay in February. 🎣🐟🐟🤞🙂 I wonder though,how much perch I could buy for $50?? Plus of course,the cost of gasoline,(which isn’t like it used to be-photo March 2020),and the accommodation for a night or two,etc.,in the Orillia,etc.,area. 💰💰😠👎
I agree with you Red Hering, this is insane. That local separatism shoul be
😳 That’s outrageous!! 😳 @Fish Farmer !! to pay that much,( $100 👎👎 ),at Innisfil to park there and to launch a boat there as well
now!! 👎👎😱 I guess that they don’t want our “Tourist” dollar’s,and that’s too bad!! It’s a beautiful park there,and I would have loved to have gone back there. On a side note,here’s hoping 🤞 @Fish Farmer for an ice fishing season on long point bay this year again,and if so,we could meet up out on the ice again,such like in the last couple of year’s,when there was “Safe” ice out on long point bay. I still have your contact number,and you call me anytime as well. Tight lines & hopefully 🤞 🤞 Perch ON!! 🎣🐟🐟🐟🐟😉👍😎
In the peak season , for the full enjoyment of that $100 you may also wait a couple of hours to put your boat back on a trailer mid day. I know a guy who lives 900 m off IBP and he stops using that launch in June.

I agree with you Red Hering, this is insane. That local separatism shoul be

In the peak season , for the full enjoyment of that $100 you may also wait a couple of hours to put your boat back on a trailer mid day. I know a guy who lives 900 m off IBP and he stops using that launch in June.
That’s just so sad to read @Centerspin and unfortunately it will only get worse,because of more boat’s being sold each year,so that we can all that love boating/fishing and water skiing,etc., be able to enjoy our waterways. 👍😎

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks