Off Topic DUDE ! Where's my mailbox ?

Old Cut LongPointer

So here it is Saturday morning 0700hrs., got the fire going , got the laptop warming up and of course TWN channel on tv just ready to sit down with my big cup of black magic when I glance out the window to see taillights in my driveway but not the normal way more like sideways... wtf ? Somebody stealing something ? Even with the tv on I can hear the motor revving full tilt and the "Dude" in what looked like some kind of pick up truck takes off heading west down the road. So I chug some coffee and run upstairs to get a better view of the property... everything looks ok but what the heck went on out there ? Dang ! Now I have to put pants on and go investigate more thoroughly. Check vehicles and garage doors and boats and stuff and everything is good so I walk out towards driveway only to see my mailbox on the ground and mud and crap all over the place. The eastside culvert looks all tore up ! Somebody had a bad morning and now it's only going to get worse because I reported the incident to the OPP. I figure the "Dude" owes me a new mailbox at least ? So as it is an "INCIDENT" and not an emergency I call the OPP dispatch number ( 1-888-310-1122 ) and within 15-20 minutes Constable "Mike" showed up. We walked along the ditch looking for parts of the vehicle in question and found some pieces that may lead to the make of it but Constable Mike said finding the license plate would be a big bonus in solving this incident. So he starts taking photos and we walk back to the driveway and low and behold there covered in mud was the "Dude"s" license plate ! So a quick radio check on the plate and away goes Constable Mike to have a chat with somebody. So now I have to try and fix my mailbox and get hold of the County Roads Dept. because the drainage culvert under the driveway is plugged and may be damaged.

So here it is Saturday morning 0700hrs., got the fire going , got the laptop warming up and of course TWN channel on tv just ready to sit down with my big cup of black magic when I glance out the window to see taillights in my driveway but not the normal way more like sideways... wtf ? Somebody stealing something ? Even with the tv on I can hear the motor revving full tilt and the "Dude" in what looked like some kind of pick up truck takes off heading west down the road. So I chug some coffee and run upstairs to get a better view of the property... everything looks ok but what the heck went on out there ? Dang ! Now I have to put pants on and go investigate more thoroughly. Check vehicles and garage doors and boats and stuff and everything is good so I walk out towards driveway only to see my mailbox on the ground and mud and crap all over the place. The eastside culvert looks all tore up ! Somebody had a bad morning and now it's only going to get worse because I reported the incident to the OPP. I figure the "Dude" owes me a new mailbox at least ? So as it is an "INCIDENT" and not an emergency I call the OPP dispatch number ( 1-888-310-1122 ) and within 15-20 minutes Constable "Mike" showed up. We walked along the ditch looking for parts of the vehicle in question and found some pieces that may lead to the make of it but Constable Mike said finding the license plate would be a big bonus in solving this incident. So he starts taking photos and we walk back to the driveway and low and behold there covered in mud was the "Dude"s" license plate ! So a quick radio check on the plate and away goes Constable Mike to have a chat with somebody. So now I have to try and fix my mailbox and get hold of the County Roads Dept. because the drainage culvert under the driveway is plugged and may be damaged.
Pretty exciting morning in Clear Crick @Old Cut LongPointer ! Good thing you remembered the pants ahead of Officer Mike showing up!

Amen to that Stomp ! Would've had a lot of explaining to do if he showed up and I'm in my BVD's with a shotgun in my hands looking for thieves ?
As it turns out "Dude" says he swerved to miss a deer... really ? C'mon ! You put your truck in a ditch and plow up 60 yards of it until bouncing up on my driveway and then proceed to floor it and take out my mailbox and don't stop to say "Sorry mister, I'll make good on that." Had he done that I probably wouldn't have called the cops. No mention if any charges were laid but either way "Dude" has one messed up truck that will cost him some money to fix.

At least he didn’t end up in your living room with his truck.

We had to do this chain mod in snow country so the snowplow didn't clobber it lol.
Now you can get a nice themed mailbox maybe!
images
images

That fishing lure mailbox looks cool ! I seen a neat one down on Old Cut Blvd. that looked like a Yamaha outboard motor... nice but I'm more a Johnson/Evinrude type of guy. Unfortunately there is no fixing my old one so off to Home Hardware or Peavey Mart for a replacement. At least he didn't bust up the 4x4 post it sat on as it just got pushed over. I still think "Dude" should've just hit the deer because now he still has a messed up truck and no meat to show for it.

That fishing lure mailbox looks cool ! I seen a neat one down on Old Cut Blvd. that looked like a Yamaha outboard motor... nice but I'm more a Johnson/Evinrude type of guy. Unfortunately there is no fixing my old one so off to Home Hardware or Peavey Mart for a replacement. At least he didn't bust up the 4x4 post it sat on as it just got pushed over. I still think "Dude" should've just hit the deer because now he still has a messed up truck and no meat to show for it.
Think i saw an evinrude one down by bismark not n.d bismark either

I have an old evinrude outboard with a blown cylinder... I keep thinking I'll turn it into a mailbox eventually.

I've had many mailboxes over the years, stainless, heavy cast iron, bass, catfish but my eggplant mailbox lasted the least amount of time.... 🍆 Suckers didn't take long to steal that one

Guy I knew got a little drunk and decided to run over mail boxes. Totaled his car on a mailbox with a concreted in post. We laughed
He paid up for the ones he ruined to stay out of jail. We laughed again.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks