LBP ice fishing jan 22nd Walleye

Jordan VanTorre

me and some buddies headed down to long point yesterday to check the ice/fish, heard the hut operators were out and assumed ice was good but wanted to check for ourselves before we bring the quads down, so we walked out of the cut was 7 inches of good clear ice where we fished.
got into steady perch right away, a few pike bite offs and landed one 30"+ took some pictures and sent her back to be caught in the spring pike tournament ! ha
ended the day with 75 keeper perch 10-12, biggest of the day 14.25"(released the beast!) and threw back lots of 8-9" perch. last but most definitely not least i managed to ice a 27.25 inch walleye! has been a goal of mine for some time now on the inner bay! haven't been that excited about a fish in a long time!
water was murky couldn't see the bottom so the flasher came in handy even in the shallow water
might not have to drive to quinte any more for big walleye

Attachments

• IMG_0158.JPG
    IMG_0158.JPG
    392.4 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0154.jpg
    IMG_0154.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 431
me and some buddies headed down to long point yesterday to check the ice/fish, heard the hut operators were out and assumed ice was good but wanted to check for ourselves before we bring the quads down, so we walked out of the cut was 7 inches of good clear ice where we fished.
got into steady perch right away, a few pike bite offs and landed one 30"+ took some pictures and sent her back to be caught in the spring pike tournament ! ha
ended the day with 75 keeper perch 10-12, biggest of the day 14.25"(released the beast!) and threw back lots of 8-9" perch. last but most definitely not least i managed to ice a 27.25 inch walleye! has been a goal of mine for some time now on the inner bay! haven't been that excited about a fish in a long time!
water was murky couldn't see the bottom so the flasher came in handy even in the shallow water
might not have to drive to quinte any more for big walleye
Nicely done (y) & this is the best ice fishing report yet in this early ice fishing season,that I have seen,especially about catching a walleye :oops: through the ice!! Did you release the walleye :unsure: along with the pike?? LOL:ROFLMAO::whistle::sneaky:;) I had planned earlier this week to go out tomorrow,but with all of this rain and mild temperatures today,the inner bay of long point will now be a very unsafe place for fishing,(just my opinion),till the cold temperatures which they are predicting to come again.Enjoy your perch & walleye fry,& thanks again for the great detailed fishing report from long point bay. (y):)

Nicely done (y) & this is the best ice fishing report yet in this early ice fishing season,that I have seen,especially about catching a walleye :oops: through the ice!! Did you release the walleye :unsure: along with the pike?? LOL:ROFLMAO::whistle::sneaky:;) I had planned earlier this week to go out tomorrow,but with all of this rain and mild temperatures today,the inner bay of long point will now be a very unsafe place for fishing,(just my opinion),till the cold temperatures which they are predicting to come again.Enjoy your perch & walleye fry,& thanks again for the great detailed fishing report from long point bay. (y):)

pike and the big perch went back both over the prime eating range for me the walleye came home my ruler on my scoop only went to 20 inch so i needed to get a length, and i knew it was a male by the body anyway so i wasn't to worried about bringing him home for dinner

pike and the big perch went back both over the prime eating range for me the walleye came home my ruler on my 2A738B7E-AE45-4BC1-A8CC-69B4B1168117.jpegscoop only went to 20 inch so i needed to get a length, and i knew it was a male by the body anyway so i wasn't to worried about bringing him home for dinner
DARN!! :mad: @Jordan VanTorre!! LOL :ROFLMAO: I wanted to catch a walleye,and be the first to post it on @stomp that I have caught a walleye ever,while I was ice fishing on long point bay!! o_O I could be wrong,but I have never seen anyone post about catching a walleye while ice fishing on long point bay!! A “Big Congratulations” to you for sharing your photo’s and your day out on the ice of long point bay.I hope to be out there on the ice likely after this weekend.Tight lines & walleye’s & Fish ON!! (y):)

GREAT REPORT jordan ...how many FOW ?
A excellent question @fredfisher!! I am also as curious as you are,in what FOW the fish were caught in.Long point bay,that I personally found,can be a challenge to figure out a “pattern,” on the movement of the fish in the inner bay,especially in the winter!! (y):)

Last edited:
Looks like the ice that is allways by ec10....ice that is glued together.
It looks like pottahawk point way in the background behind the photo with the walleye.They did say that they went off the old cut.I am just guessing,but they were likely fishing in about 5.5 fow to 6.0 fow. (y):)

Last edited:
A excellent question @fredfisher!! I am also as curious as you are,in what FOW the fish were caught in.I keep a log book on all of my fishing trip’s,and long point bay,that I personally found,can be a challenge to figure out a “pattern,” on the movement of the fish in the inner bay,especially in the winter!! (y):)
From what I’ve seen over the years....the perch seem to go round and round....and hopefully your in the right place at the right time when they do....lol. Erich...hope when you get out you hammer them....and get a bonus walleye

we weren't even out very far 10-15 min walk on foot dragging a sleigh id say, 5 feet of water I've fished the area before and never caught i think the schools just cruise around out there, was about a school come through every 10-15 min, right place right time for sure but glad i was! no doubt that there will be more walleye come out this ice season can't wait to see the pics !

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks