Recent content by Willy13

1. W

Burwell conditions Aug 2

Thanks for info. Honey do list it is for tonight.
  2. W

Burwell conditions Aug 2

Wondering if anyone going out this afternoon can give me a heads up on conditions out there once they are on the water. I run a 16' Lund Pro Sport. Plan on going out this evening around 5:30. Can handle some bumps but prefer not too rough heading out to 60'. Also watch out for logs in the...
  3. W

Burwell Aug 1st Afternoon

Started fishing 6:00pm in 60' straight out from port. 1.5hrs 3 man limit with a few small throw backs. 2 Dipsy's on 3 setting running 70' and 80' and 1 setting at 50'. Steady action. RRF in blue/silver was the best at the start and orange/gold finished strong. Nothing huge but nice eating size.
  4. W

Off Topic Fishing lodge recommendations

I have also been to horseshoe island camp a few times. The walleye fishing is fairly decent even if your new you will catch them. If your going to the chutes beware of rocks. I lost my bottom end on a shoal that the marker had come off of. The scenery is awesome. Cottages are rustic but very...
  5. W

Off Topic Ramps should be busy Wednesday evening and Thursdays

Anyone currently out at Burwell? Wondering if it's worth my drive down after work?
  6. W

Burwell this afternoon

Is there anyone out at Burwell this afternoon? Am wondering how rough it is currently?
  7. W

Fishing Report Evening bite Port Burwell Aug 12

Went out from 5:30-8:30. First 2 hrs 2 fish. Running Dipseys 3 setting back 120 and 145. Other Dipsey set on zero at 100. Last hour landed 10 for our 2 man limit. Greasy chicken spoon, RRF orange/black and RRF silver/blue were all working. Deep diving blue/silver Smithwick 200' flatline...
  8. W

Off Topic Do you troll without a kicker motor?

I installed a 15HP just for that reason. I spent a lot of time out of Burwell last year and every time was concerned about the what if. Been out a bunch this year but the stress level is way down. Not saying it makes everything perfect but the peace of mind is nice.
  9. W

Boat insurance nightmare

My insurance is thru Royal + Sun Alliance Ins. company of Canada. I took the bottom end out of my 2006 yamaha 75 HP last year on an unmarked rock shoal. They paid ($5200.00) no questions asked. just had a $500.00 deductible. This year no increase in premium. I pay $425.00 a year tax incl. for...
  10. W

Dipsy diver

I use pc of pool noodle. cut a slit in it lengthwise. insert 1/2 the dipsy, wrap the fluorocarbon leader around the noodle and i make a small slit in the end to tuck in the end of my leader. Keep it all attached and it's ready to use for next time with no tangles.
  11. W

Burwell

We got out at 6-9. Started in 40' straight out. Hooked up right away but lost it. Trolled out to 56' and back. Caught 2 walleye, 1 on spoon, dipsey 60' out on 3 setting and 1 straight-line deep diver Bandit 200' back. 3 silver bass and 1 perch. Slow night.
  12. W

Port burwell

How deep were you running your Dipseys?
  13. W

Weekend Winds

Was out of Burwell yesterday. Fishing straight out in 36ish feet of water. Original plan was to go for perch but fog was fairly thick first thing. I'm not set up for down rigging or lead core so I improvised with a bottom bouncer and worm harness. Managed to get my limit in few hrs. There...
  14. W

Leeches

Thanks Dave I will give them a call.
  15. W

Leeches

Going to Red Cedar Lake. I know I can get on the way however we hope to be in camp by 6:00 am and everything is closed on our way up. Worst case scenario I will have to head back into North Bay later.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks