Recent content by Wavemaster

1. W

In Line Boards

I know what you are saying about the boards. We however do use the inline boards they have a few advantages: rapid deployement, no slack line, greater horizontal and verticle movement with wave action. Even use with 11 colour lead and copper line. Still get a good fight and need teamwork to...
  2. W

Depth Temp. and Speed at the ball

Thirstystone. I have the fishhawk X4 and have used it for two seasons. It definetely put more fish in the boat and worked flawlessly. No coated cable or antenna to fool around with. We troll mainly in Lake Huron. In late March the temps are about the same everywhere but the current is...
  3. W

lake simcoe

Congratulations on 25 years! Lucky to have a wife that likes fishing.
  4. W

Old cut today

Slow bite for us as well. Our hut was rescued by Jimmy and Allen from Rotten Ronnies as it blew away. Can't thank them enough and I know where I will be buying all my tackle. Stopped buy at the weigh in and saw some monster pike. Best part of day was the giant donuts back at Rotten Ronnies...
  5. W

VHF radio license

What a great gift! If boating in Canadian waters you do not need a station license. All operators of a VHF radio require a marine radio operators certificate. If your radio has digital selective calling feature (DSC) you also need radio operators certificate with DSC endorsement. You will...
  6. W

is it too late for perch

Todays report. Fished three guys. 3 scoops of Rotten Ronnie minnows hand selected by Steff. 5 hours with 2 to 3 foot waves. Very cold with periods of rain. Fished EC10 moved about 10 times. Only managed 2 perch a 14incher and 13 incher in 4 feet of water on last move home straight out of...
  7. W

is it too late for perch

We are going to give it a try tomorrow. Despite the windy, rainy cold forecast. Sunday looks better but we are trying tomorrow anyways.
  8. W

Perch - EC10 & Normandale - Sunday, Sept 16th

We were also out today. Got our minnows from Rotten Ronnies at 7:30 am and received 2 scoops of plump large minnows. Stef sorted out the big ones for us. Gave us a large 3 incher that caught a good pike for us on top hook of pickeral rig first cast. Ended up with 25 keepers (12 inches was...
  9. W

What a day on the Bay

Congratulations on the catching. We were out yesterday as well. Amazing weather and the fish were biting and they also quit around the same time. Lots of jumbos. We only moved locations twice. Really like the renovations Jimmy did at Rotten Ronnies store and picked up two of his new Shimano...
  10. W

Odds for ice fishing St Williams this month ?

odds 50:1 against for Long Point. Did Cooks Bay last Sunday and caught lots of small perch with 7-8 inches of ice. Ice reports today there are not as good as some softening and new cracks forming with water on ice. Really miss Long Point ice fishing with excellent service from Rotten Ronnies...
  11. W

who still has minnows around LPB

When does Rotten Ronnies re open?? Anybody know?
  12. W

Rotten Ronnie's has MINNOWS

Way to go!! Hurray :) See you Friday
  13. W

where's the launch in Old Cut?

"Rotten Ronnies always has minnows" Yes I would have said the same thing and they never have run out but yesterday there was a minnow crisis!!! Don't yell at Steph not her fault something to do with too many people voting for McQuinty and global warming and wind power. Had to use worms with...
  14. W

Final Farewell to a great season for me

Great pictures. Looking forward to fishing the bay more this season. That perch looks big in the picture but looked much bigger at the weigh in. Keep those pictures coming in the spring!!
  15. W

Rotten Ronnies Fishing Derby

Had a great day at the derby. Saw the biggest perch ever in the winners bucket. Way too windy but fun anyways and lots of treats at the store. As for us only caught one perch who either had a genetic defect or was Pike bait as a big gash on dorsal half of body. Also caught a huge mudpuppy...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks