Recent content by Surfnturf

1. S

Gun transfer made easy !

Just out of curiosity, do they ask for specifics of firearm being purchased, or just verify that the PAL is valid? Thx
  2. S

Link To O.F.A.H. form to Protest Amendments to Bill C-21

The Federal Government is starting to back pedal due to people speaking up. They are now trying to say that that list was only put out there for public consultation in an attempt to save face(votes). Even the NDP are calling BS on their sneaky game, which is rare indeed.
  3. S

Heads up

Hopefully you'll be ok, it should only affect ones chambered in 460wm as it exceeds 10,000 joules of energy, same for Ruger #1's
  4. S

Fishing Report Port Maitland Aug 20

Wow nice catch GF. We went out Sunday morning which was my first time on the water in over a month, headed straight out and fished between 68 and 72 fow, which was were we first started marking them. Only caught 1 walleye, lost another 3 and also caught two perch. A lot of work fighting the...
  5. S

Missing Fishermen Port Burwell

Terrible tragedy. I know in the past I've had close calls on the water that could have gone sideways fast and ended the same way. The last couple of years I have started wearing an automatic inflatable life jacket and have an Inreach Mini sat communicator in my pocket without fail when going...
  6. S

Thawing Fillets?

I typically pull them out when someone says the want fish, put them in a sink full of water, then a half hour before wanting to make them realize they are still half frozen so open them up, separate the ones that I can and run water over them until I can pry them all apart then continue. Never...
  7. S

What did you do this weekend?

That looks great! Who did the metal fabrication work? I'm trying to find someone to make a few bends in some 2" aluminum tubing.
  8. S

Off Topic Boat valuations and Insurance

I looked into this due to the increasing values and how to increase the insured value of my boat and was told by my broker that I would have to get a marine survey in-order to support an increased valuation.
  9. S

COVID-19 Variant in SW Ontario Deer

That's a strange one, wondering if they were infected by escapees from game farms?
  10. S

Ice conditions?

Out of Old Cut yesterday and a good solid 12”
  11. S

Ice cleats…Don’t leave Home Without Them!

Crazy windy day yesterday. Fished out from Old Cut with limited success. On the way in ran into several people stranded unable to walk against the wind without cleats. Brought six people in with two trips with the Argo.
  12. S

How's old cut

Planning out going out most likely for the last time as well. Lets home there is solid ice and the fish cooperate!
  13. S

Should I stay or Should I Go

Sounds like you've had quite an adventure! I'd look at the risk vs. reward. Sounds like the risk is exceeding the reward at this point. I'd get back, regroup and live to fight another day.
  14. S

Mustang inflatable lifejackets

Hey Tyler, I last ordered direct from Mustang, you can get the model # from the jacket then enter that on their website and they will tell you which recharge kit to use/order.
  15. S

Person missing off Erieau

If you get or have an inflatable don't leave it on the boat or the humidity can set them off, have had it happen twice and expensive and a pita to get recharging kit. I make sure to have necessary number of regular pfd's in the boat to cover the legal/common sense obligation, but will wear an...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks