Recent content by rock34

1. R

Well????

Stick - sounds like a good day all things considered. Thanks for sharing.
  2. R

Well????

I saw a lot of brownwWater on Lake O tribs.... Ended up heading home for the fly rod to chase some resident fish. Beautiful afternoon :D
  3. R

reading regs right

That is exactly correct about Big Creek, Im not 100% on Youngs because I havent fished it. While on the topic, is there any open water on the Big Creek these days??
  4. R

Big Creek Conditions???

quote: Originally posted by NetnLargies Hey, The Grand River is not frozen, definatley sections are iced over. Chad Thanks Chad. thats helpful.
  5. R

Big Creek Conditions???

Hey all. Rather than start a bew thread I thought I would jusr revive this one.... With the day off Thursday and no thaw coming I was wondering if there is any fishable rivers around that arent frozen?? Feel free to msg or e-mail me. just looking for one last 2011 trip for what has been a...
  6. R

Steel report.....kinda

quote: Originally posted by quinner01 I might be around next week, but it has to warm up a bit lol!! Just insane out there right now, infact I wouldnt be suprised if everything locks up this week. I hear you man. Im thinking it will be a little warmer early next week....hopefully anyway
  7. R

Steel report.....kinda

No worries man. Not much to be said about a report about nothing lol Hey next week I am off work and planning on fishing a few days so if anyone is looking for some company one day....let me know. Cheers
  8. R

Steel report.....kinda

It was a great morning as always. I just couldnt believe that I had the river to myself and still couldnt make anything happen. It was one of those days where nothing worked even though conditions seemed perfect. The type of day where you internally start to question your ability and...
  9. R

Steel report.....kinda

Got out yesterday morning on a Lake E trib from about 7am - noon.....NOTHING! Not even a sniff. I have to admit I was shocked at the lack of interest in my offerings. I had a great morning, although it was a little wet. I driftedroe, pinkies, nymphs, wooley buggers.....you name it! Just...
  10. R

a Morning on the Maitland (Goderich)

Beauty pictures. I was out a few days ago with no luck catching. To be honest though I feel refreshed since being out....the fresh cold air and the solitude is really the best part.
  11. R

Big Creek Conditions???

I couldn’t agree more with all of you. When I said "does that really matter"? it was more of a rhetorical question. To me it doesn’t matter at all. I had an absolutely beautiful day and am reenergized because of it on this Monday morning. thanks guys.
  12. R

Big Creek Conditions???

Thanks for your help guys. I made it out and had a great day, which unfortunetly didnt involve catching too many fish.....but does that part really matter? Thanks again!
  13. R

? cant count

quote: Originally posted by quinner01 quote: Originally posted by rock34 The regs can definitely be confusing. I keep a copy in my car so anytime I will be fishing water that I am not absolutely 100% about I re-read them until I am fully comfortable that I am within the law. I also keep...
  14. R

? cant count

Originally posted by SRT8 If you have a blackberry you can have the regs in your pocket while fishing just save the website to your bookmarks as long as you have service you have the regs with you. Excellent point...I havent thought of that. I havent been taking the BB with me as often since...
  15. R

? cant count

The regs can definitely be confusing. I keep a copy in my car so anytime I will be fishing water that I am not absolutely 100% about I re-read them until I am fully comfortable that I am within the law. I also keep the MNR 1-800 number in my phone, although I have called 3 times now over the...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks