Recent content by rja

1. R

Bad day fishing

Went out of Glasgow on Monday.Only caught 2 pics and about a dozen sheepshead.Fished from 52 ft to 62 tried everything l could think of.Headed back in around noon. Noticed smoke coming from the side by a rigger. Stopped to check and it burst into flames. Grabbed a fire extinguisher and emptied...
  2. R

Burwell Monday AM

Fished from 7:30 to 12:30. Water was rougher than I like but still fishable. 55 to 57 ft a little west of port. Boated 7 nice sized and lost 4 more in the heavy swells. Blueberry Muffin and purple worm harness caught most fish. Still a good day on the water.
  3. R

Fishing Report Burwell is broken

First trip of the year with a couple of buddies. Thanks to some unselfish reports we went to the Sandhills right away. It is a big lake and a starting point is very helpful. Fished from 8 to12 caught 30 monster perch and one 5 lb pic. Slow but steady bite in 42 ft of water.Great morning on the...
  4. R

Walley recipe

The best way to eat those 5-10 lb fish is to do them on the barbeque. Cut the lateral line out and remove all the brown fat. Cut the thick fillets in chunks about 2 in long. Wrap a half slice of bacon around each chunk then take a wood skewer that you soaked in water for a while and use it to...
  5. R

Who sells minnows around Long Point bay?

Was at old cut today. Could walk to the dock in the morning without getting wet but when we came back in water was over the dock. The French fry trailer was surrounded by water so the girls had to be driven there in a golf cart. I have never seen the water so high. The minnows were large and...
  6. R

Long Point June 26

Smallmouth
  7. R

Long Point June 26

Went to the bay with a buddy today and fished from 9:30 to 3:00 . Great weather and a little chop. Did not locate any bass until around noon but finally boated around 10. Two of the fish were over 4 lbs and all but one was spawned out. All the fish were close to shore in about 5 ft of water. rja
  8. R

Burwell Fri Am

Went to get rods out of my boat at the in my back yard Thurs evening to go fishing with my nephew Fri and found that they were ripped off along with riggers and tackle. Some scumbag even took the carpeted mounting area because they could not figure out how to release the riggers. Went fishing...
  9. R

Boat tops

I just had a top made at Pier 74 in Nilestown. They did an excellent job at a good price. Phone # 519-268-6433
  10. R

Burwell Sun Aug 20

Left land about 6 AM got to about 50 ft when the light show and thunder started right where we wanted to go.After waiting about 30 minutes the storm passed and we went on out to 58 ft.Caught 5 Pics right away on a yellow Ripplin Redfin then the action stopped for about an hour.It picked up again...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks