Recent content by Puddle Jumper

1. Puddle Jumper

North shore

Grimsby or Jordan is usually the place to go. My new motor has 11 min. On it . Just from the harbour test after installation As much as I want to fish.... my first trip or 2 will be more about breaking in the motor ...so in the future I can use full throttle if need to. 20 min warm up and...
  2. Puddle Jumper

North shore

I didn't realize that fisherman pier was open this early? Thought I saw somewhere opens in April?
  3. Puddle Jumper

North shore

I have tomorrow off work so I plan on taking my boat somewhere to start the motor break in Forecast don't look good for south shore or longpoint ....so thinking I'll go to Bronte or Oakville ....can always play in the channel ....but north wind shouldn't be an issue Is it worth taking rods or...
  4. Puddle Jumper

Off Topic Outboard motor repair, London/St. Thomas area

You might need to find an old timer or small engine maxhanic My guess is will need to pull the fly wheel and clean up the points ???? Not sure how many new generation marine mechanics will have experience with pre 1980 motors. ? There used to be a marine service guy near shallow lake that...
  5. Puddle Jumper

Lake o

I won't be out for another week. From past experience I believe south shore would be more productive. So I would consider launching at Jordan or Port Dalhousie. Look at a map and head towards the creek and river mouths .... If you can find a warmer water coming into the lake ....troll the...
  6. Puddle Jumper

Off Topic Planer Board Mast Support

I just had a mast made for me , using a pair of big John riggers. I plan on using retractable ratchet straps one on each side going to the front . Hooking into a scotty rod holder base.
  7. Puddle Jumper

Open launches on Erie

I specifically asked me to find a year round policy Probably reason I didn't go with same company as home and auto I might be paying more it's double my last boat but just figured it was because this boat is worth 2x my last one and 4x the hp
  8. Puddle Jumper

Open launches on Erie

So I went thru my policy Found no mention of layup at all Went on the companies website ....looked at the FAQs One was : what is the layup policy And answer was there is not any layup on there polices.....however there are clauses for boats being moored year round and freeze up.
  9. Screenshot_20240228-150100_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240228-150100_Samsung Internet.jpg

10. Puddle Jumper

Open launches on Erie

Thanks for the heads up ...I'll double check
  11. Puddle Jumper

Open launches on Erie

I was told when I got my insurance policy it is for year round use ... from date of starting policy
  12. Puddle Jumper

Open launches on Erie

I was wondering launch at old cut is open ?
  13. Puddle Jumper

Open launches on Erie

Great question I was wondering the same thing. I plan on picking up my new to me boat from storage this Saturday And soon want to get it on the water and brake the new motor in. I was debating taking it to the inner bay and maybe drift or spotlock for perch or if should go to lake O and...
  14. Puddle Jumper

Off Topic Tackle show and swap

Thanks for sharing show info I am planning on going Sunday morning
  15. Puddle Jumper

Inline Planer Boards and snap weights?

I have run up to 8 oz clip weights off inline boards with a fellow 68 member Google " pump handle fishing " Russell s fish tec Very detailed videos
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks