Recent content by Perchinator

1. P

Heading out Saturday

Hi Sylvan, I too troll from a 14' boat and have done so many times as did my father-in-law in his day. The key is to choose your days very carefully. Unlike the old days when they used to have to drive all the way to the lake to see what it was like(crazy), we now have the luxury of sitting in...
  2. P

minnows

Where you going for crappy slabs? Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!
  3. P

Inner bay Thurs

Went out of Old Cut today at 11am to about 1/2 mile SW of EC10. Was non stop 'till about 2 when it slowed down. Kept 33 nice ones. About a dozen boats out there, felt like a beutiful summer day, got a nice burn...nothing like a little summer before spring:D Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!
  4. P

Anyone get out on the bay today?

Looked like some pretty good weather out there and I was just wondering if anyone made it out today. I'm feeling a little under the weather myself or I might have tried[xx(] Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!
  5. P

giller

How cheap is real cheap and would you point me in their direction? Thanks in advance Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!
  6. P

Long Point Perch?

Fished EC6 on friday, beautiful day on the water. Pretty much non stop action, kept 22 perch averaging 10" in around 2 or 3 hours. Threw back two or three times as many. It was so nice out there I was able to my shirt off and catch some rays too8D Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!
  7. P

riggers or no riggers

I only run dipsy's as I like to run solo (often with my young son) and find it way to difficult to opperate riggers at the same time as opperating the boat. With dipsey's I can run three lines or even four with no tangles at all. I only have two riggers and they're manual so I guess it would...
  8. P

north shore bass today

Where would you launch to get out there? Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!
  9. P

Would appreciate some advice about Perch fishing

What I do is tie a number two live bait hook about 10-12" from the bottom where I put a 1oz bell sinker. I find this to be much more efficient than the pic rig and you'll tend to loose less bait in the process. I'll drop it right to the bottom and if you're in the right spot, sometimes it will...
  10. P

Burwel mon aft

I was using #1's back 160 which is gotta get a good 55 down or so Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!
  11. P

Burwel mon aft

Went straight south out of Burwell to 59 fow and caught 5 eye's all on dipsys 3 setting out 160 feet. All came on knock out punch size bummble bee copper. 4 of them were 5-6 lbs each and 1 the size of a jumbo perch, smallest I've ever caught trolling. He was bleeding so I kept him. No bows...
  12. P

Lake O Saturday

Smaller fish, usualy under a pound or two, perfect for the dinner table;) Gone fishing, be back at dark-thirty!
  13. P

respect

I like to drift more than anchor too but that's no excuse for getting that close. Happens to me in the inner bay all the time and drives me nuts. Guys were doing it at bluffs a couple weeks ago as well. I'de like to carry a couple of bricks for the guys that think the only fish in the lake is...
  14. P

lake o info needed

I've only gone in at bronte where it's $17 for park and launch, is it any better at fisherman's pier? Thanks in advance:)
  15. P

Thank You

Yea my wife tells me that I have a habit of minding my own business to the point that I wouldn't see somone paddling either but I would never pass an obviouse signal like waiving hands or paddles. This is a good reminder to myself that I should make an effort to be more observant for my fellow...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks