Recent content by Paul R

1. Paul R

Booth's Harbor web cam

Give Scott Booth a call about the webcam being down. I've talked with him about this before and if I recall correctly he said he just has to reboot the computer as it goes down with power outages or something along those lines.
  2. Paul R

Ice Fishing???

NOAA Sat Photos https://coastwatch.glerl.noaa.gov/modis/modis.php?region=e&page=1
  3. Paul R

I need a link to boating regs that works.

Manual propelling device (paddle/oar) OR Anchor with line min 50'. Until you get to the larger boats then 100'. Flashlight does not need to be floating but only watertight.
  4. Paul R

atv travel on the bay

I can only speak about St Williams. I went out today and it was tough going. Snow is getting to point that its almost too deep. Like I mentioned in a previous post the snow is semi solid. Meaning that you can float on top of it if lightweight and you keep your speed up. But once you slow a bit...
  5. Paul R

VHF Radio

Your MMSI (Maritime Mobile Service Identity) is your Digital ID on the radio. They are free to get and you can apply for it over the internet. If you run into distress and use your 'button' Sarnia Coast Guard Radio will know who is in distress. Combined with your registration info they will know...
  6. Paul R

Anybody fish from St. Williams anymore?

We went out from St Williams side today. Getting around is tough on an ATV. The snow is around 8" deep and kind of difficult to get through. It's semi frozen together but not totally enough that you can always drive on top of it. Not a crust on top but think of it like a sugarcube. It has...
  7. Paul R

Tricks for getting atv's unstuck on the ice

I use an ice climbing screw. They are used by rock climbers when climbing frozen waterfalls or glaciers and the like. They are meant to take the shock of a falling climber so plenty strong enough for winching a stuck quad. They are made by many companies and come in different lengths from 5" to...
  8. Paul R

Only in Canada...lol

I saw that out there on Monday (not in use) and kind of wondered what the hell it was. Now I know, thanks.
  9. Paul R

Port dover ice fishing

I saw fresh sled tracks (few of them) down the river out onto the lake Sat. morning. I know a river can change overnight but it looked good a few days ago. Also saw a couple guys out fishing on the ice in front of Port Ryerse on the weekend.
  10. Paul R

Ice fisherman from northern Ontario are not wimps

Wow! I can't believe people still do stuff like that. Many a person has drown trying to swim from one hole to another under the ice.....they're usually piss drunk trying to do it between huts though. I'm hoping there is something off camera that we aren't seeing that somehow made this safer.
  11. Paul R

Quinte Eyes Update

Three bouys, where are you fishing? I'm in Kingston for the next day or two and stopped in Belleville to fish there today on my way by. Went to go out from Point Anne. I had a look at the snow on the ice and thought I'd go for a test drive before I hitched up the portable. I'm glad I did as I...
  12. Paul R

Got out Yesterday and be WARNED

Okay I have my GPS out now. The location of where Wenches Welcome hut went in is N42.65163 W80.39159. Well that location is more precisely 100' east of the hole as I didn't have my Jesus boots on to walk on water and get a GPS fix. Sorry but I haven't been out since Tuesday so I don't have any...
  13. Paul R

Got out Yesterday and be WARNED

Any chance there are some lat longs of the holes? Would be good if someone grabbed them and then posted on here. Could put a waypoint in the GPS. I marked Wenches the other day but don't have my GPS handy or I would post that one.
  14. Paul R

Great day on the bay!!

Somewhere in between is kind of how I pictured it being done. A little more mechanized than the human powered winch. (Kind of reminds me of a horse powered grist mill). I always thought of using timbers to ramp it over the lip but with a car I can see it necessary to protect brake lines, gas...
  15. Paul R

Great day on the bay!!

No problem. I would want to know ahead of time and come prepared for that task rather than showing up expecting to go fishing and getting one hell of a bad surprise. Also better to get it out sooner than later with some colder weather icing it in. I'm curious to know how you are going to get it...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks