Recent content by murph

1. murph

Big Creek condition

I was down on Thurs and conditions were almost perfect in the morning. Started to clear up and the level dropped about 4 inches by afternoon. Not sure after all this rain.
  2. murph

Man Over Board systems (MOB) #1 safety device on my boat!

Thanks for the info, just purchased one and awaiting it arrival
  3. murph

Off Topic Running harnesses with body baits

Just recieved the harnesses I ordered from you and they look awesome! Can't wait to try them out. If I'd known you were just North of Woodstock I could have just dropped by and picked them up. What is the "leader" you included for?
  4. 20220405_113544.jpg

20220405_113544.jpg

5. murph

Burwell today Aug 19

Was out today as well. Mark lots in 57 fow but couldn't get them to bite. Trolled out deeper than back to 57. Managed one man limit with 6 lb fish the largest. Lost one coming to boat, missed about four strikes and landed a large Sheephead. All but 2 were caught on greasy chicken and black dipsey
  6. -g21dgn.jpg

-g21dgn.jpg

7. murph

Off Topic Problems with Great Lakes Spoons - Update

Contacted GLS about the coating peeling off two of my spoons. Christina from GLS got back to me very quickly and said they would send me two new spoons as soon as I provided my address. Great customer service!
  8. murph

Off Topic Problems with Great Lakes Spoons

Thanks everyone, I was planning on contacting them, just thought I'd check to see if anyone else had issues. I will post an update when I have a reply from them.
  9. murph

Off Topic Problems with Great Lakes Spoons

Has anyone else had issues with Great Lakes spoons paint chipping and peeling off? I have two brand new spoons which have been used once, the Nascar colour never even caught a fish and the coating is already chipping/peeling off. The Nascar one I could almost peel the coating right off when it...
  10. 20210811_144802.jpg

20210811_144802.jpg

11. murph

Fishing Report Glasgow Mon July 26

Wish that was the case, the reel is an Okuma Coldwater and measures in feet. It has read relatively accurate til part way thru yesterday. I'll have to get it to Rocky's in Orillia to have it serviced
  12. murph

Fishing Report Glasgow Mon July 26

Went out of Port Glasgow yesterday for 830 to 1. Despite having equipment issues we managed 7 walleye. First we realized one of the Dipseys was missing the nut on the release so we couldn't use it. Decided to flat line with that rod until we got the line tangled in another dipsey. Down to 3 rods...
  13. murph

Off Topic Fishing Lake Huron near Tobermory?

Headed up to a buddies cottage near Johnson Harbour between Stokes Bay and Tobermory on Lake Huron side of peninsula. If weather cooperates I'd like to take the boat up and fish. Looking for info on how to fish the area, will be using Dipseys. Approx how deep should I go out? , spoons or body...
  14. murph

Fishing Report Port Bruce July 22

Went out of Port Bruce for my first time with my brother Thurs. Owner of North Erie Marina was very nice and helpful directing us were to go. We were out for about 4 hrs going from 45 to 65 fow. We managed 6 Walleye and a rainbow. All fish were caught in the mid 50s fow. 5 of the 7 were caught...
  15. 20210722_174514.jpg

20210722_174514.jpg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks