Recent content by morgan

1. M

2023-11-03 Buck

Nice buck but I question how much boneless meat he dressed out at . Something doesn’t add up .Is the 147 pounds a misprint ?
  2. M

a report not for fishing but disgusting boating behaviors

Longpoint right of way rules are my boat is bigger than yours . What was the point of getting a boating license . Bottom line is forget the rules , trust no one .
  3. M

Poison Ivy on hunting boots - what do you all do?

Friend of mine decided to take his riding lawnmower and cut the poison ivy in the ditch in front of his house . Ended up in the hospital . Stuff got into his lungs , was in bad shape for a while . I only use roundup . On the farm I got poison ivy bad every year , as a kid and adult . I knew what...
  4. M

Off Topic The Eagles

If your old enough who can forget about standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona , all time classic !
  5. M

Fishing Report Inner bay SM bass

Well I’m the guy who created this 💩 storm over nothing . Maybe Stomp should create a new WOKE section for the members whose undies go into a knot too quickly . I read Ev,s fishing report , surprised that he caught smallies this time of year in that location , good for him . I don’t think to many...
  6. M

Off Topic Grass carp in Bay of Quinte

Once again my finger and iPad collide.I don’t think there is anyway to stop them . They will come eventually and play themselves out . Like zebra muscles and gobies , not all bad . I was a tobacco farmer and lots of us dug irrigation ponds , within a couple of years we had fish . Started with...
  7. M

Off Topic Grass carp in Bay of Quinte

You can build barriers , pass laws and nothing will stop J
  8. M

Perch Fishing Tomorrow

Martins fish shack under the bridge in Port Burwell , cheapest perch you will ever eat .😂
  9. M

Fresh Water Drum / Sheepshead recipes

As a side note my family had a cottage at Longpoint and in the spring the locals smoked carp . My dad attended one of these affairs ( generous libations ) was sicker than a dog that night and next day , blamed it on the carp ??🤮 (Next legend ) talked about pickled chub , I new people back in the...
  10. M

I can almost guarantee that all of the negative posts are from guys who have never eaten one . I haven’t tried it , believed all the talk . But I am going to give it a go .I have been fishing Longpoint Bay my whole life ( I’m a senior ) Back about 20 years ago I sensed something was not right...
  11. M

I’ve seen lots of fishing shows on the tube where they cook and eat sheepshead , all positive results . I have never tried it but willing to give it a go .I think it’s common sense not to keep one over 3 pounds , and filet them properly . Apparently they are oily. ly
  12. M

Paint for aluminum boat….. camo of course.

Proctor Marine in Simcoe used to carry Parker duck boat paint . Don’t know how far you are from Simcoe but maybe worth a call .
  13. M

Fishing Report SM Bass/Perch - Long Point Bay - Sunday, June 25th

This is old news , the smallmouth bass fishing has been deteriorating at a rapid rate for the last 10 years ( or more ) lots of reasons why , what is the mnr. doing about it ?
  14. M

Knife sharpening

I have one , good for a quick tuneup , problem is no consistent blade angle . That depends on who’s doing the sharpening. Worksharp solves that problem .
  15. M

Knife sharpening

I’m all in with spearfisher , tried everything going for 60 plus years , lot of mixed results , nothing consistent . Bought a Ken Onion work sharp . Easy to use and unbelievable results .
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks