Recent content by lcooper

1. L

How much ice formed?

Thanks for prompt reply.
  2. L

How much ice formed?

125 people have read my question and not one ever answer the question. What is the trouble? Too lazy to give an answer or you have not been able to out in the marsh to take a look? Give me a general idea. I know it is given warmer weather this coming week, but I like to know what the conditions...
  3. L

How much ice formed?

How much and how thick has the ice formed around the marsh a day bay?
  4. L

Hybrid duck boat

I tried to post a pic. It wouldn't accept from blackberry playbook. Could you give me your email and I'll sent it to you. Okay?
  5. L

Hybrid duck boat

Hi, I have 8' x 46" wide hybrid layout duck boat, built it brand new, fiberglass over plywood and never used it. I am selling it for $450.00 or best offer. I am located in Waterloo, address is 631a Rummelhardt Drive. Will try to post a picture. I am home all weekend.
  6. L

Question For All The Oldtimers

Yes, that too. A few years ago, Duck Unlimited magazine had a front page of Long Point scenery and stated that it boasted large number of canvasback. But today there aren't very many. I wonder if anyone ever plant seedlings of wild celery around the marsh? Would that help or it is not allowed?
  7. L

Question For All The Oldtimers

Thirteen years ago was the first time I hunted at the unit, and there were hardly any ruddy ducks and buffleheads then. Mostly mallards, bluebills and widgeon. The past few years, as I have jotted down in my hunting log, there were steady rise of ruddies, buffies and redheads in the crown marsh...
  8. L

Update on Ice Conditions at Long Point

Hello Jerome. I feel little saddened that the duck season is just about over. I looked through Ontario Out of Doors forum and some of guys were doing well in getting some ducks on Lake Ontario. So there are still more ducks around here. Think the ducks will headed north earlier this year if the...
  9. L

any birds being had?

Beautiful birds. Congratulate. Makes me wanted go down there and hunt. What four other birds did you have? Curious, curious, curious.
  10. L

ice

It seemed the birds have been sitting around the area for long time, learned the difference between the decoys and the real ones, and learned the lay of the marsh, avoiding all the points of the possible dangers. Oh, well the hunting is approaching to an end, and I hope you get some before that...
  11. L

Looking for a place to hunt over the holidays?

Self serving system might work only when there aren't very many hunters on a given day. But I liked the idea as Prequile Point WU does that. There must be some something that can automatically supersede the rule and regulation when an unusual situation arises like longer and warmer season.
  12. L

Open water?

I am betting the bay isn't froze over with all that warm and raining situation. It really too bad the LPWA crown marsh is closed for the season, eh?
  13. L

See you Next Year!

I came late and Fred told me some of the shooting point's posts have been knocked down by ice movement. I wanted # 30 which was knocked down as well. Instead I rented # 31 and limited out: 1 gadwall, 2 bluebills, 2 ruddies, and 1 canvasback ! What a day it was and unfortunately after Dec 19 it...
  14. L

Update on Ice Conditions at Long Point

I was out gunning yesterday and boy it was cold too. The decoys were covered with at least 3/4 of ice, flash freeze whenever the water touch anything. Lots of birds came in from the outer bay, rafted from the end of the inner bay all the way to the outer bay. Looked like 100,000 of them, but...
  15. L

Nice

I have never been to walk out before, I hunt out by the bay with my boat. So I have no idea how to respond that, hey I arrive after the line up at the office and everyone had their number with them. I waited patiently until last number was called out. I just randomly picked out what shooting...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks