Recent content by Larry Lloyd

1. L

Fishing Report St Wiiliams this mornig

Some fishers moving further out today. Have gone over the cracks that were close to shore. First pict from phone
  2. 20240121_102542.jpg

20240121_102542.jpg

3. L

Off Topic LPB. ice

Were was that. Heard about a quad through the ice at St. Williams
  4. L

Off Topic LPB. ice

Is -14C here by the Bay. Poor visibility, but looks like ice covering every thing I can see. :)
  5. L

Off Topic Wind/Weather predictions for Long Point. Lake Erie ?

This is water level forecast but only 3 days, Neat watch as one of these events unfolds. There can be 2 ft difference between Gravelly Bay and mouth of Big Creek (lower). With high water at Hastings and 12 ft waves washing into Big Creek Marsh should be a lot of water through the culverts at the...
  6. L

That was Windfinder Long Point Light House. US Navy shows different. both are at end of their forecast models. This North America Navy site weather model. Menu https://www.fnmoc.navy.mil/wxmap_cgi/cgi-bin/wxmap_DOD_area.cgi?area=fnmoc_namer&set=All Wind...
  7. L

Saw that. Very strong South winds Sat. 13th + 8 Deg C. shifting to Westerly with temps dropping over night to - 7C. Maybe that wind will super cool the Bay and flash freeze if the wind stops.
  8. L

Off Topic Possible impaired driver in St Williams

if there were decent curbs installed. Likely wouldn't have happened. They've always had people crashing into that place. Their solution was just not good enough. Building owners fault/mistake.
  9. L

Off Topic New to using a boat house

make sure its tied up so it does not pull to one side as water drops. Then gets wedged under dock and fills with water as levels rise. have seen a number of boats with back corner stuck under and full of water. Some put vertical 2x4s to stop the boat from getting under. I've centered the boat by...
  10. L

two tents on ice at St. Williams

Though after cold day and night somebody would venture out.
  11. L

Off Topic Minnows with white spots?

Thanks, maybe see if I can catch some
  12. L

Off Topic Minnows with white spots?

I have been seeing small minnows in the channels at Booths now Harmony Resort with white spots on backs for some time now. Seems like whole school not just a few. Any ideas about cause.
  13. L

Massive Erie seiche forecast

This site shows it all https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ofs/leofs/leofs.html This an animated forecast of levels https://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/ofs/ofs_mapplots.html?ofsregion=le&subdomain=0&model_type=wl_forecast Shows there is 2ft. difference between Mouth of Big Creek and Gravelly Bay
  14. L

Off Topic Thin ice on Bay

Didn't stop two guys from pushing through it all the way out to deep Hole Point. Looks like they are setting up to hunt there. Sure are a lot of birds there. You gotta wonder what their plan B is?
  15. L

Chest Waders for sale or trade

Nice meeting you Bay_Fishing, Tyler and daughter. Trade successfully consummated and successfully being consumed. Thanks Tyler
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks