Recent content by jordy

1. J

free the lynn ?? give me a break!

I am for removing misner dam. The next dam up, Ivey dam, blew a hole in it last year, so some fish could probably make it past it. The Lynn has great potential. Plus allowing steelhead in it will not destroy the resident trout population. There is lots of examples of creeks that support all...
  2. J

interesting Question

That article says no, which makes sense.
  3. J

A few recent Steelhead trips........

Great pics Josh. Most of us really appreciate you posting. I am an avid Steelheader, but don't get out as much as I use to, as I have a young son at home. Bobo, it is comments like yours that keep people from posting. You alwayys talk about all these fish you catch, but we never see proof.
  4. J

huron tribs

I have followed josh's comments on this site as well as GBO for a long time. I can attest that he is a knowledgeable steelheader with a lot of expereince. He is also very passionate about the fishery.It has been my experiene, that the more steelheading one does, the more they pracitce catch and...
  5. J

leave well enough alone?

The dam at Otterville would protect the upper stretches from steelhead. Also, a sanctuary doesn't necessarily mean there has to be a portion of the river open all year. There is already an extended fall season. Most of the great trout systems in south western Ontario have this type of...
  6. J

Big Otter sanctuary Petition

I think the sanctuary idea is a great idea. It works well on big creek and could do the same on the otter. I would love to see an extended fall seaon up to the simcoe street bridge to compensate the fisherman. Getting rid of the dam at black bridge would be the best solution to this problem, as...
  7. J

New Site Sponsor - Springford Enterprises

I bought an ocean prowler angler kayak off him yesterday. He was a great guy to deal with.
  8. J

water falls in T-burg

I live in T-burg and would also help. I think it is really a good idea.
  9. J

Rainbow Trout in Long Point Bay

Fish should be able to get over Ivey's dam in high water. Also, I am sure some modifications could be made to it. Removal of dams actually will help the river because it will increase flow and will not affect the size of the river. Slow dammed up mill ponds are much better mosquito breeding...
  10. J

? cant count

I actually saw him fishing there today for a short time in the morning.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks