Recent content by jeweller

1. jeweller

The Big Boys have come out to play!

Interesting. I may of learned something today. I was under the impression that putting back the bigger fish (females) that they were the bigger breeders. Makes sense that the older they get the less productive they are. Though my biggest reason to put back the bigger ones is the taste. Smaller...
  2. jeweller

The Big Boys have come out to play!

Funny as we get older you start thinking conservation. Being a big fish most likely a female and she’s in the bay making her way to the spawning grounds. Sometimes it’s nice to release the big girls to reproduce. That being said beautiful catch. Nothing better then cold water pike. Enjoy
  3. jeweller

Duck hunting Saturday's Wind

I can confirm. No rounds were bought and I was thirsty
  4. jeweller

Smallmouth

The Bay itself has changed. Slowly felling in.Terrible water fluctuations. Clearer water conditions. There’s more predators in the water like pike,muskie and even walleye that are gorging themselves on anything that moves. More and more human traffic out there too. I’m sure all this is having a...
  5. jeweller

LPB ice free

I notice one boat out on the water and one at the PR launch getting ready to launch today
  6. jeweller

LPB ice free

Going around the bay hill it appears the Bay is ice free. Also notice the Port Rowan Harbour boat launch and channel was free of ice. Let the soft water season begin!!!
  7. jeweller

Off Topic? Rat

Also you probably have more then one. Most likely you could have a nest. The rat will take the warfin back to the nest and others will eat it too. Kills them all
  8. jeweller

Off Topic? Rat

A few pans of warfin will work. Put on his trails. As recommended before wear gloves so your scent is on it
  9. jeweller

Who is ready for the season,

I’m ready now. Finally replaced my crossbow after it was stolen out of my lock shop that’s in my garage a few years ago. Look out deer here I come!
  10. image.jpg

image.jpg

11. jeweller

HDS-7

I check all the suggestions. Thanks
  12. jeweller

HDS-7

It is connected directly to battery but i will clean contacts up and see if that’ll make it better. Thanks
  13. jeweller

HDS-7

Tech question. I have Lowrance HDS-7 which I believe is a gen-2. The sonar part seems to be cutting out. The time and temperature works but depth part stops reading. It’s goes from reading the depth and functioning display to blank depth reading and a factor display then back to the proper...
  14. D2E6FAA3-14F3-4957-A305-6CC7E61B54E0.jpeg

D2E6FAA3-14F3-4957-A305-6CC7E61B54E0.jpeg

Pointe au Baril
  15. Pointe au Baril

Pointe au Baril

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks