Recent content by jeffro9

1. J

HUMMINBIRD HELIX - SETTINGS???

Just installed my helix 7 chrip unit on my boat. What settings have you guys found work best for these? I am using the XNT 9 HW T chrip transducer
  2. J

MOOCHING ROD

How big of boat? Do you find the 10'6 is to long?
  3. J

MOOCHING ROD

How does the cork handle hold up? Ive heard they have spun and also got chewed up being in rod holder
  4. J

MOOCHING ROD

Looking for recomndations on a rod to pair with a mooching reel to be used on down riggers
  5. J

TRANSDUCER MOUNTING LOCATION HELP

Very good point.
  6. J

I was wondering that but every transducer installation guide I read recommends mounting it to the right side of a clockwise spinning propeller??
  7. J

I am in the process of setting up a "new" to me boat. Going to be installing a Helix 7 2D sonar unit and am looking for some advice on transducer placement location. As you can see in the attached picture the previous owner had the skimmer mounted on the starboard side out towards the edge...
  8. BOAT REAR.jpg

BOAT REAR.jpg

9. J

NEW 2 ME WILKER GALAXIE 17

Yes I would also like to find a stand up one, we might have to get them custom made
  10. J

where did you get your high bimini top made?
  11. J

I would love to see a few pics once you get it out of storage if possible. I would go with the auto stow and deploy for sure.
  12. J

Great info guys, Everything I have read about these boats has been posative, I cant wait to get it rigged up.
  13. J

Hey guys I just purchased a late 80's Wilker Galaxie 17 foot with mercury I/O. Which is in immaculate condition. I will be adding a 9.9 merc 4 stroke kicker and plumbing it into the main tank. Looking for advice and any recommendations from those who have rigged these boats for fishing. -...
  14. J

ROD SET UP HELP FOR NEWBIE

awesome advice thanks guys. how long of segments do most use inbetween sections of lead? and do you segment with braid or mono? can anyone recommend a board? off shore? church?? or OPI tackle? what's your most productive core rod? im thinking of spooling with 5 colours on each and then just...
  15. J

ROD SET UP HELP FOR NEWBIE

what would be a good set up for lead? how many colours and how do you work it off the boards? would seting up with lead and buying some boards be a better choice then dipseys??
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks