Recent content by fireram

1. fireram

Anyone doing a Smoked Christmas turkey. ???

Success. Almost perfect aside from Being a little late. I Spatchcock’ed the bird at noon, rubbed some herbed butter under the skin, don’t really think that did much for the flavour tho. And got it in the 350deg smoker at 12:30. Watched it for 30 min, all seamed good so went in to work on the...
  2. IMG_8900.jpeg

IMG_8900.jpeg

3. IMG_8898.jpeg

IMG_8898.jpeg

4. fireram

Ok. Awesome stuff guys, thanks. My Kid called me this am. He’s picking up the bird and let me know it dressed out to 23 lb. So. A little smaller than Red’s beast. Wich is good, cause I wouldn’t have the time to cook a 30lb bird. Putting everyone’s suggestions together, my plan so far: Get...
  5. fireram

Talk nice and chop off his head before he sees is coming? When I was prob around 10, my teenage brothers thought it be a great idea to raise some turkeys. I will never forget the day they slaughtered one in the garage. One brother on axe duty, one to hold the head, one to hold the bird, I just...
  6. fireram

Thanks Hvyhaul, Having given that some thoughts now, I think Ill do the bacon separately, low and slow, and then only have to worry about the bird on sunday.
  7. fireram

Good day fellow smokers. Wondering if I should smoke the Christmas beast this year? Seen @Red Hering post for his thanksgiving bird, looked awesome. This year one of the family members is converting from vegan to semi vegetarian, so will now eat poultry that was raised and killed kindly...
  8. fireram

Off Topic Long point drinking water sand point ?

I am going to add UV light, have one at the house, but the iron has to be cleared up first, otherwise it coats the quartz sleeve and prevents the ultraviolet light from contacting the water as it passes by. Or I clean it every month. We’re ok with bringing drinking water. It’s just the staining...
  9. fireram

Thanks very much for all the replies. Pretty much confirms the hot water tank was the stinker,, Same issue as @Bugzy,, We will put in the new one for spring, and will look into changing the anode to the electronic one @Octavius Brine and @Landlocked mentioned. The current point is only down...
  10. fireram

Thanks Old Cut, We use water cooler bottles for the drinking and cooking, but just installed new shower and shitter, so was hoping to keep the iron stains away for a while,, CLR works good, citric acid works great. We added a back washable iron filter, a couple $$$ there, and will hook up a new...
  11. fireram

Good day, For those here that have a place on the point, wondering if you can tell me what you do for water, if its not right from the channel? Recently had to move the sand point, twice, ended up with high iron content water. Tried a filter, but it works marginally. Wondering if anyone with...
  12. fireram

Always a sad day...

Take the spark plug wire off and See if you can pull over the engine by hand just a bit, try turning the fan on the top, or turn the prob a bit,, If it wont turn, take the spark plug out and try,, its prob stuck at top dead center and is loaded up with compression and so is stuck in gear.
  13. fireram

Off Topic Metro in Dundas has salmon

Ok. So not in the store. In the creek out front. They’re in there thick today . Good place to bring the kids to watch em spawn.
  14. IMG_8741.mov

IMG_8741.mov

15. IMG_8742.mov

IMG_8742.mov

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks