Recent content by DaveJ

1. DaveJ

Cougar spotted in Kenora!!

There was a pair released in the Ailsa Craig area. They have been seen by friends.
  2. DaveJ

Off Topic Burn out

Im waiting for my friend to get back with the # and name of the community placement coordinator that she used to help place her mother in law. Ill text you when I get it...
  3. DaveJ

Off Topic Toronto Sportsmen Show👎👎👎

I was at the Toronto show yesterday..it has always been a spring tradition. Other than a $6 order of crappy fries, I purchased zero. The fishing tackle vendors had high prices even with the 15% off. Very little hunting stuff. Lots of atvs, trailers, some boats. I got a bag full of fishing lodge...
  4. DaveJ

Off Topic Burpwell Bayham Blues

Well..isnt that just about the stupidest thing Ive ever seen. The municipality has to take over sub payments because the Museum defaulted on payments. Now the locals are going to have a 10% tax hike. I dont think so.....
  5. DaveJ

“Gassing Up!!” with an X-Large Black McCafe!! ☕️ 🎣🐟👍😎

I hit the river at Komoka for the 1st time yesterday. Walked downstream and hit a few holes. Nothing but a few suckers for me. A few eyes had been caught but general consensus was slow. River looked good so better days ahead. What was shocking to me was the amount of garbage..everything from...
  6. DaveJ

Off Topic Outboard motor repair, London/St. Thomas area

Ive used Advanced Motorsports on Dexter Line south of St Thomas 519) 782-7155 with really good results.
  7. DaveJ

“Gassing Up!!” with an X-Large Black McCafe!! ☕️ 🎣🐟👍😎

Woodstock was good..and yes, a little expensive but not bad......
  8. lures.jpg

lures.jpg

9. DaveJ

Off Topic Cutting Board

I made up my own board a few years back..mounts into one of the flush rod holders on my Trophy Pro. I bought the polyethylene board material in London. It worked well but yours is much nicer! When Im done fishing, I pack up the rods and riggers, etc, then clean the fish. Once done, I wash the...
  10. DaveJ

Finally!! My first Thames River Walleye of 2024!! …. Released!! 😱 lol 🤣 😉 👍🙂

Red...Im not surprised either. Some water bodies actually have ownership of the bottom..some own to the middle of the creek or river. Lake St.Clair has a lot of ownership extending to the lake bottom. I believe if its a navigable piece of water, you can use it with a boat, canoe, etc but may not...
  11. DaveJ

Off Topic Valentines Flight

Yeah ours was a tad rocky coming into Toronto also. I forgot we had to take a shuttle bus to the main terminal and it was minus 5 and I had a t-shirt and shorts on...duh
  12. DaveJ

Finally!! My first Thames River Walleye of 2024!! …. Released!! 😱 lol 🤣 😉 👍🙂

Awesome!! We're back from Costa Rica tomorrow so looking forward to trying for some early eyes.
  13. DaveJ

Off Topic Valentines Flight

We're also leaving CR today. After a week of sun and mid 30s I don't know about this winter stuff..
  14. DaveJ

Off Topic Universal free health care my Arse.

Scrimmy..I'm in Costa Rica until Thursday but when I get back I'm going to send you the name of a woman that is a placement navigator. She helped a friend of mine place her mother in law a few years back. Knows how the system works, can cut through some of the bs and get time lines of various...
  15. DaveJ

Leadcore

So how much line do you let out along with the 5 colors,?
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks