Recent content by cutty

1. C

Poison Ivy on hunting boots - what do you all do?

I got poison ivy putting up a tree stand a few years ago. Went I went to our country Dr she reminded me to go on the internet to Identify poison ivy and poison oak. I have lived on a farm my whole life and never even seen the plants I ignored as part of the poison ivy group and yes the old sayin...
  2. C

First Corn... 🌽

Youre right old timer, putting them in a frig whether husks on or off while keep the starch from coming out. My neighbor grows super sweet corn and we have been eating this week and real good, expensive thou at $1 a cob. Fertilizer and diesel costs but worth every penny. He picks in the morning...
  3. C

Toronto Sportsman Show

I was also there yesterday and watched the Fish On show with Ron James and the Rapala Rep on the new Power Slide top water bait. I talked to the rep back at their booth and he gave me a 20% off on-line for anything Rapala makes. When home the % off was actually 15% but I ordered some plugs, free...
  4. C

Big buck down

Nice buck and a good shot by your dad.
  5. C

Wanted inflatable vests.

Tailfeathers - I have 2 brand new Mustang inflating vests that I bought at Fishing World. One deflated in the original package, I guess from the heat. You would have to put a new cartridge in that one, other one has never been used and is still in the original netting. If interested we can work...
  6. C

London boat and fishing show

Toronto Sportmans Show Mar 17th to 20th at the International Centre, lots of ad on the Wild Channel.
  7. C

The Mrs won some Camp 31 BBQ sauces

I usually try to sit inside anytime Friday afternoon or get the take out as I only live 20min away. Not fancy but the food makes up for that. #1 on my list of places I like to eat at.
  8. C

Maximum Marine

Does anyone know where Max Marine in Ancaster went to, James was a great Merc mechanic.
  9. C

Off Topic Vacuum sealer

Different bags sizes for different amounts of whatever you want to freeze.
  10. C

Off Topic Vacuum sealer

Trevor M - Do you season meat for short term use overnight or long term say 2mo with vacuum seal bags. I never thought off that before. Say putting Montreal Steak Spice or is that too strong
  11. C

Brisket is on...

Thanks for sharing, I do enjoy eating beans as a side. From the Galley was a good addition to the forum.
  12. C

Brisket is on...

What is the recipe for the beans, always curious about what people use when baking beans.
  13. C

Sausage/Pepperettes

In Hamilton - Brantford area try Gourmet Meats on Hwy 6 between Mt Hope and Caledonia. We have used them for many yrs and do pepperettes and pepperoni (larger). I get mine in brown paper bags fresh and then freeze them in vacuum sealed bags into whatever # you liked, 8 sticks or 10 whatever you...
  14. C

Fishing Report Hay Bay

We went there in mid 70s, used to stay across from church at Jacks Cottages. Same think you described, limits every day and nothing huge. Some big pike in there also.
  15. C

Guns 'n Gadgets

I used to stop there when I worked that area and never had an issue with the owners. I bought a Mossberg 20ga for my grandson there and received good advice on what shells to use. Anytime an outdoors store closes it is a sad day for everybody that uses the outdoors whether it be for fishing or...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks