Recent content by canvasbacksca

1. C

Hastings' Perch

LMAO!! Greedy perch---->Greedy fishermen. 8D
  2. C

Hastings' Perch

Hmm, I wonder if Big Dave has been dumping this stuff off of the Beach: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324432004578304281266453790.html?mod=googlenews_wsj
  3. C

st williams sunday

And, exactly what is your point ch312? That you have the right to park on someone else's property for free?
  4. C

Any ice at St. Williams yet?

If there was ice yesterday, it will be gone today as the wind's been blowing 30-50 kph outta the SW since last nite.
  5. C

sewer outflow fishing+big coyote

I sent the photos to a friend of mine who is the former Fur-bearer Biologist in NB. His response was: "I wouldn't say it's a pure coyote, but it looks to have some coyote traits, so quite possibly a hybrid."
  6. C

Removal of Eagles Nest

That'll work, too -- just try to avoid all the ducks and geese. ;)
  7. C

Removal of Eagles Nest

Fully covered with a minimum of 6" everywhere. Perch are biting like crazy and all are 10" or better.
  8. C

Removal of Eagles Nest

Darn well said on all counts, Jlund1. Unfortunately, all that these monstrosities will provde to us and future generations is higher energy costs and a huge Provincial debt. They actually lead to higher, not lower, emissions of "greenhouse gasses". The only things "green" about the Green...
  9. C

sewer outflow fishing+big coyote

I agree with Jammer -- that's not a pure eastern coyote as the fur is too light, the face too broad, and the bone structure to massive.
  10. C

Safe ice on the bay

They've just dredged the channel from Marina Shores to out past Sandboy Marina.
  11. C

Merry Christmas

Merry Christmas, Dave!
  12. C

Down with old crows against change

I'm surprised that such a brilliant grammarian as you, BB, doesn't know that OCLP was "implying" -- you did the "inferring". :D
  13. C

Down with old crows against change

Old Cut LongPointer -- you wrote: "Well one oldtimer notced that with all the traffic down on the Point on a long weekend the water went up 6 inches in his boathouse." It's been a long time since I had a physics course, so I'm wondering if you could explain how traffic on the Point causes the...
  14. C

readers vs typers

quote: Originally posted by bigdog Also, after I read posts like the one about board trollers, I feel like I could be a rocket scientist or brain surgeon or maybe royalty. bd Darn well said, bigdog!8D
  15. C

LPWA Crown Marsh Rehab Funding

As some will know, when the LPWMU was set-up in 1961, water levels were very low -- much lower than now. So Lands and Forests created a bunch of ponds, but they didn't use dynamite, they used the old standby: Fertilizer and diesel. Many of those (rectangular) ponds are still holding water...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks