Recent content by bkerr

1. B

Even i didnt enjoy the waves this afternoon.

I was out late this afternoon with a buddy, fishing in the area that Tailfeathers directed me to. Once we got there we did manage to put a couple in the box, But after Tailfeathers fished it out there were not too many left. I think this is likely the first time that I have been rigging lines in...
  2. B

Tablefare...

I zipper off the top of the walleye fillets (loins), cube, wrap in 1/3 piece of bacon, skewer and drizzle some garlic butter over it while cooking on the bbq or in the oven then a another wee touch of garlic butter to serve or on the side (heavy on the minced garlic) I will never forget the...
  3. B

Off Topic Stranded on Wellington Road.

2014? That's not old. My boys are into 1996 to 2001 Cherokees and Commanches (200-450K), and computers, sensors, grounds and wiring etc are always an issue when excessive exposure to water, mud, inversion or hard objects are encountered. :)
  4. B

Off Topic Stranded on Wellington Road.

How old is the Cherokee? My sons are into older Cherokees and Jeeps and have built quite a network of friends and contacts in London and surrounding area who wrench and work on them. PM me @ bkerr@briankerrscourses.ca and Ill see if they have some ideas.
  5. B

Rare sighting

Where we go, there are walleye and lake trout, and if you bribe the camp owner he will reveal a couple of pike hotspots. We have been going to Smith Bay Outfitters, (launch point is their dock at Laniel) for 11 years. Great small camp, wonderful owners. Some of their groups of summertime US...
  6. B

Rare sighting

Rare sighting of Tail Feathers swag far from its natural habitat (Erie North Shore) Lake Kipawa, PQ.
  7. D3DDBD86-2A8A-401A-9842-469F48A69F14.jpeg

D3DDBD86-2A8A-401A-9842-469F48A69F14.jpeg

8. B

Off Topic Cormorant hunt

The summary of regs read as “a stationary motorboat” and “power to the motor must be turned off” If you want to be certain that you are not charged it would be in your best interests to be anchored. Remember that this hunt is not welcomed by some groups and any one shooting cormorants could...
  9. B

Burwell Sunday Aug 31

The flies were brutal! There were 1000s of the on the boat at one time. The fly swatter was working overtime. Quadruple headers in one seat were common. Now I gotta clean them out!
  10. B

Burwell Sunday Aug 31

I meant Monday Aug 31
  11. B

Burwell Sunday Aug 31

Buddy showed up an hour early at my place (4 am). Heard a vehicle crawling down the road then pulled in my yard. Almost invoked a tactical response before I realized it was him and remembered he was afraid of our gravel road chipping the paint on his new truck. Sad that we have become so...
  12. B

Fishing Report Tomorrow afternoon

I am heading for Burwell at 0:dark 30, but hope to be heading home with a limit before 3:30. Will send out a report on what’s working when I get back on land
  13. B

Fishing Report Burwell Aug 2

Next door neighbor and I left my laneway at 5AM. On the water by 6:30 Headed south to 50 something and dropped 2 lead core (5 and 7) colors and 2 dipseys. Trolled out to 62 ft, came back partway, then angled off to the east almost to the sandhills, then came back to port in about 48'. Tried full...
  14. B

Made my favourite peeps happy.

Thats a great thing you do for those people, on so many levels. Thankyou. Fish frys have been a regular thing with us for many years. We always invite some our parents friends who dont get out any more (mostly 80 plus yrs old) and they really enjoy it. There are a couple of 80+ guys that I a...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks