Recent content by big guy

1. B

Lake Ontario

Yes sir the fish are in very close, but you should be going down to Port Dalhousie and trolling towards Jordan. Bronte and that area doesn't get very good until end of may. Every spring the Jordan / Dalhousie area is "the" top producer for brown trout and the spring salmon will be appearing...
  2. B

Monster Pike

Hey fella's, I don't disagree with returning the big ones, for a miriad of reasons as already stated. My experience with trying to return the big boys is that it takes much longer to get them in the boat, and by then they are pretty much spent. More often than not we have to keep them because...
  3. B

Family Day and the OPP

Intellectually speaking, thanks for the reinforcement there "Bobo". Always a good decision to invest in a breath check device to see if you are too drunk to drive. Really smart. Keep up the good work. This one's for you Big D ;)
  4. B

Family Day and the OPP

Sadly there are some ill informed individuals here. I am a very athletic 240lb graduate from Police Foundations and Law and Security. Many years ago, well before my current career I blew a 12hour suspension with only one beer. That's right , "1" beer. I too thought it wouldn't be a problem, but...
  5. B

More winter bows

LOVE your sense of humour the Big D. That's freakin hilarious on more than the obvious level. LOL:D:D:D
  6. B

Antique Tackle Appraisals

Hey there Fly Finger. There is an older gentleman just outside Stratford by the name of Norm Vail. I stopped in to his place one time as he was having a "yard sale", TONS of fishing stuff. I thought i'd gone to heaven. Maybe he can help, or at least point you in the right direction. Good luck
  7. B

Sunday on the Maitland

It was a nice afternoon, but I have never seen the water that low before. No Salmon to be seen, but I managed 10 smallmouth in the two hours I was there. I was between the train tressle and the highway bridge and there were only two other guys, fishing below the tressle. Not sure how they did...
  8. B

Orange downrigger balls

I use a 10lb orange ball, and a 10lc lime green fish and they both work great. Then again you could likely use a coffee tin full of concerte too. I really don't think it matters a great deal lol
  9. B

Erieau

Hey 2girls, you wouldn't be going down there for a 50th would ya??? lol Can't wait.:D
  10. B

advice - starting battery

Finding the right battery is like finding a good woman. You have to try a few before you find one that's right for you. I am currently dating a couple Interstates that like how I treat em. ;)
  11. B

Bronte Lakers

Last Sunday was our first trip of the Lake O season. On the water by 7am, first fish lost by 730. Another 7 lost by 11 am. Grrrr. Then things shut down, so we went searching. We marked LOTS of hooks on the bottom from 70 to 85', then again out at 120', which we surmised were Lakers. Still...
  12. B

Today's bows on the Island

Nice, very nice. Would they be remnants of the fish that escaped the enclosure last year?? By the looks of their tails, I would think so.Same thing happened with the native pens on Colpoy Bay a number of years ago too, and we had an absolute blast as well.:D
  13. B

Knock Out lures

thanks there Chromeseeker. I'll have to make a little room in the old box.:D
  14. B

Knock Out lures

Simply put, do they work? They seem to be quite a bit cheaper too. My bow is already overflowing, but I have lots that are just filler, you know, they look good but aren't worth a pinch of coon poop for Salmon or Trout.
  15. B

Merc Vs Volvo IOs

My brother bought a brand new Regal. It had the Volvo counter rotating props on the single shaft, and had the seals go twice in three years. The first was under warranty, but the second was a very expensive repair that Volvo would not cover, even though they knew it was a problem. Needless to...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks