Recent content by Bentrod

1. Bentrod

Off Topic Port Glasgow Trolling direction and under water currents

When you make a turn, inside lure slows down, outside goes faster. I do a few S shapes until I find a pattern and then adjust speed accordingly.
  2. Bentrod

Port Stanley ramp etiquette

Went to Port Stanley yesterday morning for the first time. Launching at 5.30am was really easy, maybe 5 trucks around. 4 hours and 3 limits later, there were about 8 trucks waiting, some to launch, some to get out. I asked what the rules were and got conflicting opinions. In the end we waited in...
  3. Bentrod

Off Topic Port Glasgow Trolling direction and under water currents

I do not have a FH yet. I go on this site https://www.glerl.noaa.gov/res/glcfs/currents/ and get an idea of the currents. That is my starting point to get a pattern for the day. I also have a very simple temperature probe that reads every 5’. Work for me for now. Tight lines!
  4. Bentrod

Glasgow live

5/6 on eyes and 1/1 on bows so far. All nice size eyes. 66 - 70fow, 4 dipsies 100 -150’ mainly on blueberry muffin and greasy chicken spoons. I can hear @scrimmy and @waverunner over the radio, fishing in good company :)
  5. Bentrod

Live from Glasgow - August 5

5/6 on eyes and 1/1 on bows so far. All nice size eyes. 66 - 70fow, 4 dipsies 100 -150’ mainly on blueberry muffin and greasy chicken spoons. I can hear @scrimmy and @waverunner over the radio, fishing in good company :)
  6. Bentrod

2 nd one

I had something similar last year out of Glasgow, I was on a bend, bow hit the outside lure, drag was tight, it broke the Arrow holder, took the rod for a swim. Then it taildanced 5 times and then was floating on the surface. My buddy turned the boat around, tangled all the other 4 lines, we...
  7. Bentrod

Off Topic Knock knock. Who's there? Gimbal bearing

On Sunday I put the boat on the water first time this year. And had to start the bilge pump 3 times in 5 hours. It is taking water faster than it used to :-(. 2007 I/O 3l with Alpha I Gen 2. So i guess I need to do that work too. What would be a good mechanic around London? Thanks!
  8. Bentrod

Off Topic Whats the best way to get the fur off your boat and engines.

I would think Port Glasgow would be a bit better as it is not on a creek and there would not be as many nutrients for the algae.
  9. Bentrod

I did, the paint is as shiny as before. I needed to do it after I left the boat in the water at Wildwood for 6 weeks. Never again, will trailer it every time. Looks like new.
  10. Bentrod

Fishing Report Live Glasgow - July 20th

Wow, congrats @Ticker, that will be a record to beat for a while! Well done! I am heading there on Thursday, hopefully they will stick around 👍
  11. Bentrod

In the past I have used a product called On/Off. Pressure wash the hull, apply it with a rug or sponge, let work for 5 min and then pressure wash again. Hull looked like new. Use of a mask is highly recommended as it is an acid based product.
  12. Bentrod

Perch?

Interestingly there have wry few perch reports so far this year. Did anybody have any luck out of Burwell? Thanks
  13. Bentrod

Lake looks good

... for a few hours of trolling. Access to it might prove difficult. Time cannot go fast enough.
  14. 64625BA7-2D5C-4C74-BD76-DFED422932BB.jpeg

64625BA7-2D5C-4C74-BD76-DFED422932BB.jpeg

15. FB8621E2-B3F5-4166-9887-CA4093562C24.jpeg

FB8621E2-B3F5-4166-9887-CA4093562C24.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks