Recent content by Beanstir

1. Beanstir

Off Topic Lake Nipissing Nortwest Bay

Mickey Finn, check out the regulations for Lake Nipissing. Walleye none less than 46cm. I am sure the Camp will help Mickey Finn with the regulations. Lake Nipissing - including the waters of the French River from the Chaudière and the Little Chaudière dams to Lake Nipissing; the west bay of...
  2. Beanstir

Under water cement slab repair?

We have a couple pot holes in our cement boat ramp. These potholes are under water. Any idea how to do this repair and with what material. Holes line up perfectly with trailer tires. Quite a sudden stop when backing in. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated short of replacing slab. Thank You...
  3. Beanstir

Want more fishing videos and vlogs?

Tom Boley, the best educational, informative and instructive walleye youtuber https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRExOt3taw88mQiuyXrQpzA/featured
  4. Beanstir

Walleye YouTuber

Tom Boley YouTube. Check out Tom's youtube site for instructional and educational walleye videos. Tom's video are great teaching videos on how to catch and how to find walleyes. Not so much for big water trolling but some of his techniques should be able to be applied to Lake Erie...
  5. Beanstir

Here is some info on inline weights.....

What speed of troll is this chart for?
  6. Beanstir

Walleye-Perch Recipes

Pan fried walleye, dip in egg and milk, rolled in Corn Flake crumbs with garlic salt. easy, the best for me. Beanstir
  7. Beanstir

Bleeding walleyes

I was out this morning and sliced the gills and cut the neck below the gill cover on some lake trout. I dragged these fish for 10 minutes before putting on ice. There still was enough blood when I was taking the fillet off, that the board had to be hosed off after each fish. I might try gutting...
  8. Beanstir

Building a Worm Harness?

Thanks Chipper1 for the offer. Maybe we can trade a walleye troll for a day rigging for spring salmon in Owen Sound. I am retiring in time for the spring fishing season. Should be on the bite this year when I have 7 days a week to get out.
  9. Beanstir

Building a Worm Harness?

Thanks again for the replies. I checked Dbfishing.com for blades. Great selection and good prices but expensive to ship to Canada. I had $64 worth of stuff in the shopping cart and shipping was $36.80. Thanks Chipper for the tips. I appreciate your help. 'Real Pro's SportFishing' is...
  10. Beanstir

Building a Worm Harness?

Owen Sound, around the corner from www.luremaking.com. I am good with tying the harness, not sure about the colour combinations and types of beads. I ordered these metallic beads. http://www.luremaking.com/catalogue/catalogue-index/catalogue-items/simulated_pearl_beads_and_plated.htm I...
  11. Beanstir

Building a Worm Harness?

Thanks for the replies. gihisher, what type are the beads you are using? luremaking.com has gold beads "hollow metal beads" in 1/4", "Mother of pearl & gold/silver plated beads" size 6, "Metal Finished Plastic" size 5. I would like to try a harness with gold beads, not sure about the type of...
  12. Beanstir

Building a Worm Harness?

I was hoping to get a little advise on worm harnesses to be used late next spring and early summer. I plan on trying to go to the Erieau area to try my luck. I had some success in a northern lake using a number 5 blade with number 6 beads. This successful day was the first and only time I have...
  13. Beanstir

Check this wind forcast site

Best wind site yet. Thanks for posting
  14. Beanstir

Perch Rig Knot

Anyone try a Kiwi Dropper Loop Knot? http://www.fishingkites.co.nz/fishingknots/plat_fishing_knots.html. Reported knot strength of 94.8%. I tied a couple and cannot break knot before cutting my fingers. This may be the knot I was looking for. I looked up the dropper loop boards, great idea but...
  15. Beanstir

Perch Rig Knot

Last year I tied a drop shot 2 hook perch rig (http://www.netknots.com/fishing_knots/drop-shot-rig) with a Palomar knot using 8 pound trilene XL. This year I would like to get the hook off of the main line 1 1/2" to 2". I have experimented with the Dropper Loop knot...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks