Recent content by angler

1. angler

shotgun shells

I have some old shells that I think I can take to the police station but if someone can make use of them that is better.Lead shot. I live in Port Dover.
  2. angler

Where the hell has 50 years gone?

Beautiful Stick. I've been there too. Near the end of my third twenty five I sure can't go where and like I used to, but it is still magic in the morning. Got two browns yesterday and heading out now. Last time out had eight ticks on me , they drove my wife nuts. I wasn't too thrilled either.
  3. angler

Boats for the Great Lakes

I agree with landlocked comments. Another thing will you spend most of your time on one lake. I lived in Oakville ,therefor lake Ontario. Have lived in port dover for awhile now therefor lake erie. I can tell you for sure the lakes and waves are very different. I would not take my present lake...
  4. angler

Off Topic Marina rage?

That's worse than bass opening on the Inner bayo_O
  5. angler

bass on 23rd

nice to see they are in fine shape. Coughing up minnows when hooked.
  6. angler

bass july 22 .

. I went out from Port Dover about 10;00 am. I did not go to where we had been doing very well before just to give those fish a rest. I went down past David's to the first set of cottages. A new place. I fished the depth of water we were getting bass elsewhere. By 11:00 I had caught 15 -20 bass...
  7. angler

bass -14th

Lots of big fish today, not good for eating so most released. The fish were fat and in very good shape. but were quite large ones . Still not on the shoals but in the weeds waiting for minnows.
  8. angler

bass- few and far between

Opening was as all have said . A few inside the bar and around bait island. Trouble is I dock in Port Dover and getting up there is challenging with the wind this year. I have checked every rock, shoal ,and inshore spots down this way and have not had a strike even. Oh well the water will warm...
  9. angler

Bass why cant i find them?

No we have specific shoals and weed beds marked. We move from one to another .The fish rarely show up on radar. We can see them in the water though. Our experience would indicate they have not yet moved into deeper water. Mymachine was working funny earlier. I meant to say if you run into them...
  10. angler

Bass why cant i find them?

we fish port dover area down to hoover point which is way past hoover marine if yourun them chasing minnows the fishing is outstand ,thisyear.we don't fish water over 15 and sometimes go ontoshelves in 29-25 fow
  11. angler

possession limits

this is something I never thought of. It came up up north this past week. If the possession limit is one days catch and you freeze some bass for a family diner , until you eat the frozen fish you cannot keep any more bass ?
  12. angler

How to navigate fog

From the dock:)
  13. angler

Whos getting stoked for saturday?

I had a great day. Even caught some fish. The second largest speckle of my life( a long way from the 5.5 lb's in Quebec but still a nice fish). Kept a 15" speckle and 15" brown that were hooked deep and bleeding. The speckle tasted better.
  14. angler

Whos getting stoked for saturday?

It's a great day. I don't think I've missed an opening in about 60 years. I can sleep now however. This got me thinking about all the great streams I've been lucky enough to fish!:happy:
  15. angler

Wife advice needed

As Crocodile Dundee would say " List ? That's not a list! " Although I see nursery which means that you have a lot less time than we retired guys. Good luck.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks