Recent content by andrewm

1. A

bunks

I'd shy away from pressure treated if you have an aluminum boat. PT is very toxic and reacts negatively with aluminum. In building trades, galvanized fastners and flashings need to be used - aluminum flashing not allowed in contact with p/t. Assume the same reaction would likely take place...
  2. A

Perch

I was out of Port Bruce on Saturday and did very well. 35' of water, straight out from channel. We were the furtherst boat out for most of the day - a bunch of guys probably in about 30'. Not sure how they did; a couple boats moved out closer to us later in the day.
  3. A

wind sites

I was surprised at the swells also. We stayed out, but I was green the whole time - which is very rare for me. Other occupants of my boat were fine... Definitely quite the day! I did pack it in earlier than usual - couldn't fit any more perch in the cooler!
  4. A

Can't anyone else tow?

My motor died on the way in today. Was able to get it running agin and limped us back the rest of the way. I was very thankful to have had 2 people stop to offer assistance - one boat was on their way out and offered to turn around. Didn't end up needing the help but was nice to know it was...
  5. A

burwell perch

Did well out of Bruce today! 35' straight out fom the channel. Stayed in the same pace all day and had non-stop action. We're a bt smaller on average, but still enough big guys for a great fry tonight and a bunch for the cooler. Will post separate report shortly.
  6. A

Lots of Minnows for the weekend!!

Excellent!! See you in the morning.
  7. A

newbie help

I've run dipsies on smaller lakes using a 7' medium-action baitcasting setup with 20# braid. Worked out alright - can give it a try until you get set up with more suitable tackle. To estimate amount of line out, I count it off by 'pulling' ling from the reel in about 18" increments. The rod...
  8. A

Walleye - Port Burwell - Wednesday, Aug 15th

Nicely done boys! Looks as though you had a great day.
  9. A

River Bass 2...

Spent the day at the river again today - we tend to fish there a lot. Switched it up a bit; we always see big carp swimming around, and lots of them. My son always asks if we can catch them, so today we brought along some worms and corn and set up in a popular carp hangout. Within just a few...
  10. A

SM Bass - North Shore - Monday, Aug 6th

Looks like a good day! Bet the kids had a blast.
  11. A

River Bass!!

43 was very impressive for this time of year. Not all were the size of those in the picture. Some as small as 6" took a #3 Mepps. Quite a few around 12". Quite a lot were over 15" though. Very healthy population.
  12. A

River Bass!!

Yeah, he had a blast! Mwe fish this river a lot and always do well - and the bass always put on a show. Quite often will become completely airborne. When my son was maybe 4 years old pulled out an 18" smallies by himself using an ice fishing rod. Yesterday his rod broke hauling in a nive...
  13. A

River Bass!!

Excellent day today! Decided to stay closer to home and hit one of the local rivers with my son. Last time down to Erie the lake was rolling a bit and the little guy was turning green after about 20-minutes - didn't want a repeat of that. Got going a litte bit later than usual, and with the...
  14. A

SM Bass - North Shore - Friday, Aug 3rd

Wow - the lake sure looked calm today.
  15. A

Perchin' w/ Big Dave, July 29

quote: Originally posted by roland it is to bad that he got charged for a miscount but once the co counted the fish and seen the mistake he had little choice but to charge them remember that is his job and what he gets paid for. Also as for commercial fishery I am not really a big fan of...
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks