Off Topic Finally got my shit together and set a date.

Derkd9

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
After being engaged for five years and Covid messing our original plans to get married in Jamaica in 2021
We have now set a date for Sept 13th 2023 in Banff Alberta at Lake Minnewanka

1E24F1BC-8162-47D5-858E-1856165DDE3A.jpeg2582E2C8-7261-4DC3-9702-E3DCA3064737.jpeg43CFC7A6-94A8-4E5C-A145-7685508C57AB.jpeg

Congrats buddy, what a beautiful place to get married. All the best to you both.
Is Maple going to be the ringbearer? :)🐶
On a serious note....here is wishing you nothing but joy and happiness for many many years to come.

RBR
(John)

Congrats buddy, what a beautiful place to get married. All the best to you both.
Is Maple going to be the ringbearer? :)🐶
On a serious note....here is wishing you nothing but joy and happiness for many many years to come.

RBR
(John)
Thanks John
Maple and Nova will both be in the wedding 😊

Congrats Derk! May you both have a wonderful day together! September will be beautiful there. I am very proud of you my friend. Now just do it for another 30+ years like I have! You will be just fine. Glad to hear the dogs are coming. Please share with us some of those fine photos you always share with us! All the VERY BEST Derk- You are the Man! Congrats- Walleyeman.

Congratulations to both of you! Question is, are you bringing Maple and is she the flower girl?

Congratulations to both of you! Question is, are you bringing Maple and is she the flower girl?
Maple and Nova are both coming and they will both be in the wedding so there will be lots of cute photos to share.
Either brother in law and myself are driving up or my mom and step dad are driving them up.
My mom is concerned I won’t make it there by the 12th if I leave on the 9th. That’s the earliest I can get off work..
I think it’s just an excuse so she can take the scenic drive instead of me hahaha

Also wondering if I should bring my fishing rod… or if that would cause the first fight of the marriage 🤣 🤔

Congrats to both if you! Best wishes for a great life together. Sounds like a great place to tie the knot , too

Maple and Nova are both coming and they will both be in the wedding so there will be lots of cute photos to share.
Either brother in law and myself are driving up or my mom and step dad are driving them up.
My mom is concerned I won’t make it there by the 12th if I leave on the 9th. That’s the earliest I can get off work..
I think it’s just an excuse so she can take the scenic drive instead of me hahaha

Also wondering if I should bring my fishing rod… or if that would cause the first fight of the marriage 🤣 🤔
Congrats you lucky man!
I immediately thought he is so going to pull the boat out to the wedding.
Congrats buddy

Congrats...Derkd9 to you and your Bride to be... :) 👍🐟🐠

PS...When in down town Banff...Look up Lens souvenir shop....That my uncles shop....

First, Congrats my friend.

Second, I came from Edmonton to London in 2005 for my sisters wedding. Took 2 and a half days total driving about 16 hours each day. Can EASILY make it from here to Banff in less than 3 days IF you leave here early enough on the 9th provided you have no major delays at the border if you go through the US (Michigan, Indiana/Illinois through Chicago, then up through Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota and cross back into Canada just south of Winnipeg, you can cut approx 12 hours off the drive.) you have no breakdowns, and when you get to major cities, you get there after or before the normally considered "rush hour." On the way home to Edmonton after the wedding, but for crossing at Sarnia, and going North up I75 and crossing back into Canada at Sault St Marie, then going up around the north shores of Lake Superior, to Thunder Bay and Kenora, we still made it back to Edmonton in less than 3 days. Banff is closer.

I also drove truck extensively throughout all 4 western provinces, and basically, whether you stay in Canada, or go through the US, in total you can pretty much drive east to west, or west to east across each of Manitoba, Sask, and Alberta in 6 hours per province, but if you do stay in Canada for the most part, ie Michigan to the Soo, it'll take the better part of 2 days just to get out of Ontario, but once you're past Kenora, the highway suddenly gets real flat and becomes a 401 style highway about an hour give or take from the Manitoba border/Winnipeg, and once it does, it pretty much stays that way for the most part, (but for a few sections here and there) through to BC and the Winnipeg bypass (circle road) is a great thing for avoiding the city itself when you don't want to stop there.

Additionally, just as an added FYI, when my dad and I drove from St Thomas (just outside of town on the Fingal road just before Southwold School) to Yellowknife in June of 1986, we left our lane way at 10am on June 20th, and arrived in Yellowknife at what would be 10pm here on June 24th. Here to Banff, once you're on the TransCanada Highway west of Ontario, biggest real issues other than possible construction, or accidents, would be Winnipeg, Regina, and Calgary.

If you've never been to Banff, YOU'RE GONNA LOVE IT.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks