Off Topic Tired of all this wind.

scrimmy

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
As I live in London and my boat is in Port Glasgow sitting on its trailer I am getting tired of making fishing plans only to find it is too windy for my boat. I am almost ready to pull the plug and put the boat away for the winter. The last 5 times I planned on going out were erased because of the wind.

As I live in London and my boat is in Port Glasgow sitting on its trailer I am getting tired of making fishing plans only to find it is too windy for my boat. I am almost ready to pull the plug and put the boat away for the winter. The last 5 times I planned on going out were erased because of the wind.
It was the same deal last September I never got out for the entire month. Hopefully we can have a last kick at the can before winterizing.

It was the same deal last September I never got out for the entire month. Hopefully we can have a last kick at the can before winterizing.
I do remember the winds last year Bob but I did not have a boat after some 40+ years with a boat I took last year off and it did not bother me too much as I did not get out fishing even once. Funny thing was last year was the first year I could fish without a license but did not fish once, lol

I do remember the winds last year Bob but I did not have a boat after some 40+ years with a boat I took last year off and it did not bother me too much as I did not get out fishing even once. Funny thing was last year was the first year I could fish without a license but did not fish once, lol
There is always the inner bay of long point @scrimmy if you don’t mind catching pike & perch,and towing your boat there. I do it all the time from London,whenever the winds are good. Just another option to fish there,because the winter can be long,unless you don’t mind ice fishing 🎣 as well,such as myself. I don’t hunt.🦌🦆 Fishing for me is a 12 month sport!! 😉🚤🎣 👊👊👍🙂

There is always the inner bay of long point @scrimmy if you don’t mind catching pike & perch,and towing your boat there. I do it all the time from London,whenever the winds are good. Just another option to fish there,because the winter can be long,unless you don’t mind ice fishing 🎣 as well,such as myself. I don’t hunt.🦌🦆 Fishing for me is a 12 month sport!! 😉🚤🎣 👊👊👍🙂
I used to fish Long Point for smallies for quite a few years but I have not been to Long Point since the deer cull many years ago. I sold most of my fishing gear when I sold the charter boat although I do have 3 Perch rods in the closet. I am going to bring my boat to Dorchester and store it in a buddies garage soon. I just don't know when as of yet. Not much into ice fishing as I find it always melts before I get home. lol

I used to fish Long Point for smallies for quite a few years but I have not been to Long Point since the deer cull many years ago. I sold most of my fishing gear when I sold the charter boat although I do have 3 Perch rods in the closet. I am going to bring my boat to Dorchester and store it in a buddies garage soon. I just don't know when as of yet. Not much into ice fishing as I find it always melts before I get home. lol
lol 😂 🤣 @scrimmy 👊👊 and I find that a block of ice 🧊 last longer than cubes. 😉👍👍🙂

Normal, its Erie...been the same for 35yrs for me. Hurricane season south means shit wx for us. Far as pulling boat...yup sat for me, hope to fish Fri with friends first. Has been a stellar year for walleye.

Thursday looks good Wayne, taking out a few guys older than me that have been bugging me to get out. East to the water treatment plant and 69 to 72 fow.

Looking back at last season, I got out Sept 6th, did very well, Sept 15th got a few, and Sept 22nd only got 2 smalls which were released.

If I can't get out this weekend, I'm likely done for the year.

Can't complain, my neighbour and I have had another really good season together.

Thursday looks good Wayne, taking out a few guys older than me that have been bugging me to get out. East to the water treatment plant and 69 to 72 fow.
Heading out Friday Bev. Looking to go east and 68 fow

Went east (about to water treatment plant) this morning Wayne to 69 and then to 72. Turned and headed directly at Port ( 10.5 miles). 8 lines in the water and took one on rigger and one on slider, both at the same time. Will try again tomorrow or Saturday.
Neither one released so wasn't able to mark the waypoint.
Came home and dug out my Chamberlin releases.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks