Raffia grass

Dicker

Just ordered some Raffia grass off of a new Canadian site and thought I’d share
Great prices and only $18.50 to ship 44 lbs right to my house (1-5 days)
Check them out

Stay tuned…..
I know 2 other guys that have order from here already without any issues
Should be here first of next week

Just an FYI, if you don't want to buy different colours, you can dye raffia grass with fabric dye. Just get the natural colour. That way you can make however much you like in whatever colour you like. I used Tintex brand dye and a small garbage can. Hang to dry on the clothes line.

Came in already
All 44 lbs accounted for!

Attachments

• 3442FF3D-A832-4D66-9E42-4F94E59ACD61.jpeg
    3442FF3D-A832-4D66-9E42-4F94E59ACD61.jpeg
    306 KB · Views: 46
Raffia grass is not like Fastgrass or Cabelas grass mats
It comes in strands so you can custom drape it around the boat
Lasts much longer too from what I've seen

Ordered 33lbs on Monday and it showed up yesterday at noon.

Looks like good stuff, just need to find the time to brush up the blind.

We use to use soft jute twine soaked in water and tie up bundles of prairie grass but leave extra length on the twine to attach to whatever. Soaking the twine makes for a tighter knot. Zip ties work but have sharp edges that have a tendency to cut into things.

Grass all done!
Looks pretty good

Attachments

• E77D32B5-8556-40E6-9C7F-AB04B2B66F46.jpeg
    E77D32B5-8556-40E6-9C7F-AB04B2B66F46.jpeg
    722.3 KB · Views: 53
Nice looking boat ! Going to need it by the looks of the marsh. Between killing off the phragmites and two years of high water and storms there are a lot of open spaces in the marsh. Beware the weed beds ! Hard to see them or completely underwater but thick near the shoreline.

Nice looking boat ! Going to need it by the looks of the marsh. Between killing off the phragmites and two years of high water and storms there are a lot of open spaces in the marsh. Beware the weed beds ! Hard to see them or completely underwater but thick near the shoreline.
Thanks OCLP, very interested in seeing how it performs
The last couple years it’s been really hard finding enough coverage hence the grass coverage
We usually don’t get too swamped in the weed beds, the 20hp Muddy Buddy Longtail works it’s way through that for us
Lol

Duh... my bad ! I didn't open the pic just looked at the thumbnail. Mud motors make short cuts possible ! LoL ! I have a 16 HP Vanguard powered Go-Devil on a 14 foot Starcraft with pop-up blind but already have my 16 foot Lund ducker parked at my buddies place. The water level should be good enough this year for outboards using the Unit so long as they stay in the cleared channels.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks