Off Topic My Rant of the day on our great leaders!!!!

poconokidII

Well as some of you no our annual flyin trip got cancelled last Wednesday . We were to leave Friday afternoon and fly out Saturday morning to Abamasagi Lake with Twin Lakes Outfitters. Chad (the owner) was told by our Premier FORD that he was not allowed to take any persons to outpost camps as per Covid restrictions. Fines of $25000 to the pilot and $5000 per person on board!!!! Now if he had a Lodge that we can drive to and stay at a cabin there it was alright to do so. I'm really confused with this. our group is really pissed at the whole deal... The problem lies within the City of Toronto and surrounding burgs.. why are we being punished for the actions of the people of Toronto and our incompetent leaders!!!!!!!!! My wife and I went for a Sunday drive yesterday to Port Burwell to check out the Marinas . I was stunned by the number of people walking around and when we got to the turn around by the beach. JAMMED solid with people with no masks. On our way up we noticed alot of Beamers, mercedes with Toronto license plate covers. My buddy has a cottage in TP and he said that the beaches were packed like sardines on Saturday and Sunday.. It was very sad and unfortunate of the drowning of the 8 yr old boy, the family was from Toronto.. Our government has to open their eyes and see whats really going on in our province. On a brighter side we were able to rebook our trip to June 6th(if Ford dosen't change his friggin mind again on June 14th), we were lucky there was an open week on our lake or we would not of been going.. I have a garage full of groceries (non-perishable) and all my gear and such.. sorry for my rant I just had to get it off my chest.... everyone stay safe and enjoy the fishing days ahead..... see you on the water... Pocono Kid clear on 68...

@poconokidII the fly in lodge Timber Wolf that I was working at is open and flights from Hornepayne are in operation. They only opened for their Canadian clients

I’m not sure where that fine structure came from as theres not a set fine anywhere under the ROA for flying or transporting passengers. But yeah they aren’t supposed to be taking clients as yet although I’m sure some are. As for the Toronto people, what do you want to do? Put a fence around the place? If i had to live in that $&@)&hole place I’m pretty sure I’d want to escape it too. Especially considering they’ve had restrictions up the hoop since forever. And further, I’m not sure what town you live in, but if your town, or mine for that matter had the population, transportation and big warehouses and distribution centres as well as high rise living etc we’d probably have equal numbers of corona cases, instead of just the occasional one. Just food for thought.

Well as some of you no our annual flyin trip got cancelled last Wednesday . We were to leave Friday afternoon and fly out Saturday morning to Abamasagi Lake with Twin Lakes Outfitters. Chad (the owner) was told by our Premier FORD that he was not allowed to take any persons to outpost camps as per Covid restrictions. Fines of $25000 to the pilot and $5000 per person on board!!!! Now if he had a Lodge that we can drive to and stay at a cabin there it was alright to do so. I'm really confused with this. our group is really pissed at the whole deal... The problem lies within the City of Toronto and surrounding burgs.. why are we being punished for the actions of the people of Toronto and our incompetent leaders!!!!!!!!! My wife and I went for a Sunday drive yesterday to Port Burwell to check out the Marinas . I was stunned by the number of people walking around and when we got to the turn around by the beach. JAMMED solid with people with no masks. On our way up we noticed alot of Beamers, mercedes with Toronto license plate covers. My buddy has a cottage in TP and he said that the beaches were packed like sardines on Saturday and Sunday.. It was very sad and unfortunate of the drowning of the 8 yr old boy, the family was from Toronto.. Our government has to open their eyes and see whats really going on in our province. On a brighter side we were able to rebook our trip to June 6th(if Ford dosen't change his friggin mind again on June 14th), we were lucky there was an open week on our lake or we would not of been going.. I have a garage full of groceries (non-perishable) and all my gear and such.. sorry for my rant I just had to get it off my chest.... everyone stay safe and enjoy the fishing days ahead..... see you on the water... Pocono Kid clear on 68...
A great rant!! @poconokidII 👍👍 but change your rebooking date from June 6th in your post,to July 6th I think that you meant to write,and here’s hoping that you all will be flying out on that date & fingers crossed 🤞!! Tight lines & Flyin fishing will hopefully come for everyone,and your photo’s and post should be Fantastic once you post your Flyin ✈️ fishing trip 🎣,which again will hopefully happen on the week of July 6th. See you on the water somewhere this coming summer my friend!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂

A great rant!! @poconokidII 👍👍 but change your rebooking date from June 6th in your post,to July 6th I think that you meant to write,and here’s hoping that you all will be flying out on that date & fingers crossed 🤞!! Tight lines & Flyin fishing will hopefully come for everyone,and your photo’s and post should be Fantastic once you post your Flyin ✈️ fishing trip 🎣,which again will hopefully happen on the week of July 6th. See you on the water somewhere this coming summer my friend!! 🚤🎣🐟👍🙂
Sorry I meant June 26th

I’m not sure where that fine structure came from as theres not a set fine anywhere under the ROA for flying or transporting passengers. But yeah they aren’t supposed to be taking clients as yet although I’m sure some are. As for the Toronto people, what do you want to do? Put a fence around the place? If i had to live in that $&@)&hole place I’m pretty sure I’d want to escape it too. Especially considering they’ve had restrictions up the hoop since forever. And further, I’m not sure what town you live in, but if your town, or mine for that matter had the population, transportation and big warehouses and distribution centres as well as high rise living etc we’d probably have equal numbers of corona cases, instead of just the occasional one. Just food for thought.
If the GTA is a hot bed of the spread.The rest of the province is paying the price due to that.I have no issue putting up a fence to keep them there.If we could.

The feds sold us out once again, According to sources just today vaccines are only 30% effective to the India strain. Too little too late again, and how is it that people from Toronto are still renting cottages in Turkey point ? Covid 19 20. 21...is the least of our concerns! , disgusting what is going on here, if we triple our population our waters wontt even have fish in them. If we pump this much sewage in her legs just imagine 3x more Our kids will figure out the rest I suppose, or not

The feds sold us out once again, According to sources just today vaccines are only 30% effective to the India strain. Too little too late again, and how is it that people from Toronto are still renting cottages in Turkey point ? Covid 19 20. 21...is the least of our concerns! , disgusting what is going on here, if we triple our population our waters wontt even have fish in them. If we pump this much sewage in her legs just imagine 3x more Our kids will figure out the rest I suppose, or not
1st dose is but 2nd dose is much better against any variants... up in the high 80s to 90%... and even better, you still likely won’t die even if you get with 1 dose. This will be over soon but the anxiety along with the damage to business will last a long time.

It would be great if Ontario, with all its resources, wasn’t the most ridiculous but we are... I don’t care what party is in power as long as they know their job is bigger than Premier of Toronto.

Me and my dad were also supposed to fly in with Chad to Lake poverty on the 6th. Cannot understand why we wouldn't be allowed to go as we made alternate plans at a private lodge where we stayed with other cottages which made less then no sense. Only explanation we were given was that it was crown Land and camping still wasn't allowed on crown land. So basically it was unsafe for just 2 of us to be on a remote island with no being but a lodge with 7 other groups was okay.

1st dose is but 2nd dose is much better against any variants... up in the high 80s to 90%... and even better, you still likely won’t die even if you get with 1 dose. This will be over soon but the anxiety along with the damage to business will last a long time.

It would be great if Ontario, with all its resources, wasn’t the most ridiculous but we are... I don’t care what party is in power as long as they know their job is bigger than Premier of Toronto.
I agree with your 2nd dose comment @jrr that you have more protection. Problem is the Boy King in Ottawa has endorsed the craziness of making us wait 4 months for the 2nd dose. The U.S. did it right...they followed the directions of the manufactures of the vaccines....21 and 28 days for the 2nd dose not the Boy King's instructions. My opinion anyways.

Me and my dad were also supposed to fly in with Chad to Lake poverty on the 6th. Cannot understand why we wouldn't be allowed to go as we made alternate plans at a private lodge where we stayed with other cottages which made less then no sense. Only explanation we were given was that it was crown Land and camping still wasn't allowed on crown land. So basically it was unsafe for just 2 of us to be on a remote island with no being but a lodge with 7 other groups was okay.
hey @Brekeljr just got an email from Chad and he's good to go this friday.... we're going june 26th,,cheers

I agree with your 2nd dose comment @jrr that you have more protection. Problem is the Boy King in Ottawa has endorsed the craziness of making us wait 4 months for the 2nd dose. The U.S. did it right...they followed the directions of the manufactures of the vaccines....21 and 28 days for the 2nd dose not the Boy King's instructions. My opinion anyways.
I agree the waiting for 4 months for second dose is craziness while ignoring the time frame given by the vaccine companies. Thankfully they have come to their senses and it has been accelerated now. The 70+ crowd which I am in is eligible to book their second dose today which I have already done online this morning for both my wife and myself. The 60+ will be next on the list and hopefully soon and then down the line. (y)

Boy king followed what the UK did but the Provinces ultimately make the decision (not boy king’s job despite what the Sherif of Toole or his henchman Ford says). We did It better than the UK in some ways and single dose is more effective than PH wants to admit because those guys still think lying to you is ok if it gets you take a second dose. The single dose strategy is a very good one. Also, this supply schedule was known and announced back in Nov/Dec 2020 and is because the US cut us off from our US suppliers — Whole other thread but you can google back to January very specific timelines on supply.

All of our politicians mixed with PH are full of crap and I just want to go fishing. This will be over soon. PH will still be jerks.

What do you mean by “ actions of the people of Toronto”? Do you think that all cases in GTA are caused by someone not following the rules? Check the statistics. I know that there are people who don`t care and ignore rules, but there are everywhere. The majority infections came from working places. So, I am sorry that the people of Toronto had to go to work in order to feed their families and meanwhile they got Covid.

Also, stay-at-home order has been lifted as of June 2, so anyone in Ontario can freely move within the province. If there were people from GTA on your beach, they had full right to be there. If someone didn`t follow the rules with social distancing, you should have reported it to Police.

It is so easy to point fingers.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks