Well lookie what I found.

Trevor M

To my great surprise, I found a package of walleye under all that perch I have out in the freezer, soooooo, I did what one should do when faced with such a decision. I took out the walleye and made a nice lemon pepper walleye served with a ceasar salad (yes those are peanuts in the salad. We use that instead of crutons, gives it a slightly different flavor which adds to it, sometimes I'll roast some kashews instead of using the peanuts.)

For the walleye I seasoned it first with lowry's season salt and keg steak house steak seasoning then dredged it through flour, then into an egg wash, then into some panko that I had seasoned with lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, dill weed.

Made a homemade seafood sauce, which is on the left of the plate beside the walleye. (Simple to do, equal parts ketchup and chili sauce, a few heaping tablespoons of horseradish, a couple drops of lemon juice, a few shots of worchestershire sauce.)

Attachments

• Lemon Pepper Walleye Feb 22 2021.jpg
    Lemon Pepper Walleye Feb 22 2021.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 36
Some of my favorite recipes and salads have nuts and or seeds in them @Trevor M . Might have to try a ceasar salad that way.
More so in summer when it's cheaper to get the seasonal fruits, I've been known to take the usual ceasar salad ingredients and then throw my own twist to it by adding sunflower seeds, mandarin oranges, strawberries, raspberries, toast some kashews and then instead of using ceasar salad dressing, I'll make a dressing out of 4 heaping tablespoons of mayo, a teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of sugar (or splenda) a pinch of curry powder, salt and pepper, a few drops of lemon juice, a few drops of malt or red wine vinegar (whichever I have on hand at the time, if I have neither I'll use white vinegar) My wife seems to like it a lot. :)

and FYI,

quick easy thousand island dressing if you don't have it...but want it......mayo, ketchup, relish, salt, pepper and a couple shots of lemon juice and worchestershire sauce. Most restaurants that aren't McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's etc use thousand island as their "secret sauce" on their burgers. Not much of a secret tho. ;):ROFLMAO:

Greek Salad dressing
Canola, or vegetable oil, red wine vinegar, salt, pepper, sugar, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano.

Homemade tartar sauce
Mayo, relish, white wine vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.

More so in summer when it's cheaper to get the seasonal fruits, I've been known to take the usual ceasar salad ingredients and then throw my own twist to it by adding sunflower seeds, mandarin oranges, strawberries, raspberries, toast some kashews and then instead of using ceasar salad dressing, I'll make a dressing out of 4 heaping tablespoons of mayo, a teaspoon of cinnamon, a teaspoon of sugar (or splenda) a pinch of curry powder, salt and pepper, a few drops of lemon juice, a few drops of malt or red wine vinegar (whichever I have on hand at the time, if I have neither I'll use white vinegar) My wife seems to like it a lot. :)
Love the idea of a salad dressing with mayo, sugar, cinnamon and curry - all flavors I love. Toasted almonds are my go-to nuts as most of the other types will result in a 911 call.

Love the idea of a salad dressing with mayo, sugar, cinnamon and curry - all flavors I love. Toasted almonds are my go-to nuts as most of the other types will result in a 911 call.
We have almonds, but they're for my wife's lunches so I try not to touch them for supper menu dishes, and if she had something as part of her lunch, she usually doesn't want it again as part of her supper. ;)

To my great surprise, I found a package of walleye under all that perch I have out in the freezer, soooooo, I did what one should do when faced with such a decision. I took out the walleye and made a nice lemon pepper walleye served with a ceasar salad (yes those are peanuts in the salad. We use that instead of crutons, gives it a slightly different flavor which adds to it, sometimes I'll roast some kashews instead of using the peanuts.)
My goodness, I'm starting to like this Galley forum more than the fishing forum. Great recipe Mr. M. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks