Best duck boat

I hunted with a Lund SSV-16. Small enough to get through the unit marsh but handled chop well.
Selling it in March if anyone interested. Bought a new fishing boat, giving up waterfowling.

What do you have for power on your SSV? I have a WC 16 I’ve been working on. Not sure what to hang on the back?

I hunted with a Lund SSV-16. Small enough to get through the unit marsh but handled chop well.
Selling it in March if anyone interested. Bought a new fishing boat, giving up waterfowling.

What do you have for power on your SSV? I have a WC 16 I’ve been working on. Not sure what to hang on the back?

30hp Evinrude E-Tec. Had that boat loaded with 2 guys, big dog, blind, 90 decoys, and misc gear. Could put it on plain pretty well still.

We are in the process of outfitting our Lund SSV 16 for duck hunting so good to hear it works well!

I have a 60HP HO E-Tec on my fishing boat. I love the way it runs. I wish I had one for the duck boat. I have an old 30HP Johnson 2-stroke on it which works fine so hard to justify replacing it with the cost of engines these days. One of the big advantages of the E-Tec is you can winterize it in just a couple of minutes with a command to the internal computer. It always seems I never get the timing of putting my duck boat away at the end of the season right. As soon as I winterize we get a warm spell and open water full of ducks. If I had an E-tec I could be back on the water and re-winterize even several times if the weather changes.

I have a 60 hp E-tec on my Bankes Freedom 17 ft. I love being able to witerize it myself when I take it out and they are also really economical to run gas and oil wise . Took mine out January 7 .You didn't miss much shooting though as the divers seemed to be quite decoy shy and educated . But any hunting after mid -December is a bonus Cam , just great to be out there at Pottohawk in the first week of January .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks