let the gathering begin

packrat

been watching a spot for some sign of shaggies and got rewarded with a handful of nubbins. there was sign that more were almost ready to emerge but this rain will prob make them all soggy. now going to be a game of who gets to them first because this spot is wide open to anyone that looks for them-----and there a few that know of this place.

showing up right on time to I might add---usually appear right after thanksgiving and some rainy weather.

Packrat mind enlightening me a bit. What are shaggies and nubbins?

OK-----shaggies (shaggy mane mushrooms) -----nubbins(small immature mushrooms as they first break through soil)
Nubbin definition: something small or undeveloped
as for what Dave's talking about i'll let him answer that one

OK-----shaggies (shaggy mane mushrooms) -----nubbins(small immature mushrooms as they first break through soil)
Nubbin definition: something small or undeveloped
as for what Dave's talking about i'll let him answer that one
Blonde, brunette or redhead. Your choice.

Sauteed Shaggies on toast .... OMG ! I have two patches on the lawn I've been working on for 3 years now after taking some from the Point and spreading them around here. Maybe able to gather a few this year.

Shaggy Mane Mushrooms eh? I collect morals in the spring but have never tried these fall mushrooms. I believe this pic is what your eluding to. If so, are they really edible?. I am cutting 20-30 per lawn mow lately.

1602900979105.png

Shaggy Mane Mushrooms eh? I collect morals in the spring but have never tried these fall mushrooms. I believe this pic is what your eluding to. If so, are they really edible?. I am cutting 20-30 per lawn mow lately.

View attachment 34174
yes they REALLY are edible---I like mine in a soup, others like em sauted on toast
they're the hilite of the fall season
didn't quite catch your address tho

If you are not 100 percent sure better to get a person that knows ! With "Shaggies" you should pick them the same morning they pop up and before they open. Those that look 'inky" should be left alone to mature.

You guys that are lucky enough to have a large patch but don't want to eat them yourselves may want to sell them to those big city chefs ? I know the Morels in Spring can fetch a good buck.

checked my spot again yesterday afternoon----picked clean and no sign of any about to emerge----good way to ruin a patch

was looking on the net this morning and apparently you can buy Morel spores to grow your own

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks