Used boat dealers - ISO

zzguffy901

Good afternoon,

I’m looking to purchase my first boat, but don’t know which dealers to go to or call. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Looking for a 16-17 foot fish n ski preferably 50+ hp, with minimal hours. Budget around 15k. Have been hunting on Kijiji for weeks but only the odd one here and there and they all seem to be northern Ontario. Located outside of Strathroy

Thanks!

Good afternoon,

I’m looking to purchase my first boat, but don’t know which dealers to go to or call. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Looking for a 16-17 foot fish n ski preferably 50+ hp, with minimal hours. Budget around 15k. Have been hunting on Kijiji for weeks but only the odd one here and there and they all seem to be northern Ontario. Located outside of Strathroy

Thanks!

Xtreme Marine in Nilestown may have what you are looking for and a great shop to deal with!

Great question this is,,, I am going to say search for exactly what you want, and don't steer clear of what you want.
there are all kinds of sites that post boats for sale, as you know "68" has ad's for such boats.
kijiji too. auto trader has boats. other fishing forums , facebook market place, word of moth, take a drive to a few marinas and look around, And last resort is dealer used boats. there is nothing wrong going north for boats, in fact a lot of people do it.
It's like a search that never stops, till you find it!

Best deal i found was off kijiji, I entered in to search bar "divorce sale" and boom, i got a 17K truck for 10K cash.

Did you happen to notice any of the sponsors of this site? Most have web sites and probably listings of what they have for sale.

Reactions: CSM
You may want to contact a boat broker. Yes it will cost you a bit more but their experience could be valuable especially to a first time buyer.
check out St. Clair boat sales.

It’s almost impossible to keep the web sites up to date with current boats in stock
Make a few phone calls and get yourself on the call list if a boat that meets your needs comes in on trade
Thanks, yes I took a look on all site sponsor sites, not much online in the inventories.

Reactions: EOR
You're a bit early yet for Kijji boats, way better selection in a month or so. Not a dealer guy so no help from me on that.

Good afternoon,

Thanks!

Whatever it is you do take my advice if you will be fishing Erie or Huron.

Two years ago I bought my first boat, a brand new 16'6 Legend XTR-S from xtreme marine. I ended up selling it (sadly), I won't go through all the reasons why I sold it, nothing bad happened.

I don't want to start a debate and I will admit my 16'6 deep v boat got me farrrrr out into Erie when conditions were perfect...

... but do yourself a favour and get at least 18' and used (which you are); even if it means saving for another year and waiting until 2021, that extra length and beam width goes a long way when you're on the lake and setting up multiple lines on 8' rods; and most importantly you'll feel more comfortable and safe with a bit of chop.

A few times boating out of the Port Stanley harbour I was thinking WTF am I doing, it gets choppy as you exit and I felt like my bow was going to go under at any moment.

I missed out on too many days because 16' was too unsafe, it wasnt until I was on my uncles similiar boat but 18' that I realized what a difference it made...

It's such a strange sensation being in a small boat when big rollers start up, and youre 15KM out.

/end rant

GOOD LUCK!

I would also steer you towards Rob and Brad at Extreme marine in Nilestown. I have known both for many years and you will be hard pressed to find a more honest sales crew. I just got back in to boating and bought close to what you are looking for from them last fall. One hint I can give you is guaranteed they have stuff coming in and going out in that category of boat before they ever get a chance to put it on their website.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks