Off Topic Water level Inner Bay

Larry Lloyd

The water level here at Booths is as high as it's been at it's highest, Will go and check the causeway later. The water level is forecasted to drop to normal by 2PM today. Maybe 3ft. out of the bay in a couple of hours. My wife just pointed out that Bait Island is under water.

Was trying to get on the old cut web cam but it wouldn't come up. Some. Of the pictures I've seen this morning are the highest water levels yet.

wow thats terrible..looks like perfect storm conditions.. was that from all the rainfall yesterday & a east wind on LPB..looking like another june spring not gettin to the erie bows..Ya LSC last spring ruined for access..

Was down at the causeway. There had been lots of water on the road but they were letting you drive around the road closed barricade. Very large , strong current flowing through the two large culverts into the marsh on the way out and 10 min. later, nothing, maybe even flowing the other way.

That was a big west wind last night and looks like a few days of light winds so water will recede. Still not very nice to deal with for some

historically with average water levels brisk east & west winds creates higher & lower water levels LPB..

Took a trip down to check on the cottage and seen all the damage. It’s hard to believe how much water came up and went down that quickly.

This my back yard. The trees are were the creek is and beyond that is Starks Golf Course. The second picture is the cottage across the road from me.

Attachments

• 48926790-C2B6-449A-9A72-8CB20D6D880D.jpeg
    48926790-C2B6-449A-9A72-8CB20D6D880D.jpeg
    637.7 KB · Views: 179
  • 4452B0A0-E1A4-4411-B43D-16186639B577.jpeg
    4452B0A0-E1A4-4411-B43D-16186639B577.jpeg
    995.3 KB · Views: 175
If I lived down on The Point I would have my Bug Out Bag packed and ready to go ! History has a way of repeating itself and since settlers arrived two Cuts have been recorded and I would not doubt it has happened before that even. I wonder if the LP Ratepayers and/or First Responders have a plan in place to deal with such an event ?

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks