What is your absolute must have fishing accessory?

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
So I bought one of these this week and used it today out at Glasgow... wow, I don’t know how I fished without one! So I figure y’all must have other accessories you wouldn’t want to do without?

1568597948401.jpeg

So I bought one of these this week and used it today out at Glasgow... wow, I don’t know how I fished without one! So I figure y’all must have other accessories you wouldn’t want to do without?

View attachment 18089
Yes absolutely. I have one with the scale built in. Works great. The other must have for bass fisherman or anyone that uses broad is a good pair of sharp scissors. I use the rapala ones but any should work. Wacky rig tool as well

Yes the jaw gripper is a great tool. But an electric trolling motor with GPS heading lock & anchor mode is a game changer for me and a pair of these are also pretty handy for bleeding fish. ? :D
I'm all in with autopilot for sure, I've installed it on my main drive and troll with it, it sure is a game changer, curious how powerful your trolling motor is, if I tried to steer my boat in a straight line with my trolling motor in 12 knots and waves there is no way it would hold a course. I wonder if there is a problem with it, it never seemed to perform as I thought it should.

@rastam4n... I have a 70 lb. MotorGuide Xi3 which has enough power for my boat. I also had a problem trolling into waves holding a course until I found out I needed to power up a lot more than when going cross wave or with the waves. Sometimes when it's quite choppy I need to use about 2/3 power to maintain control so use cruise control with the heading lock because every once in awhile a big wave pushes it off course so motor automatically uses more power to maintain course. Even then I occasionally still need to steer back using the remote when pushed well off course by a rouge wave if you know what I mean.

awe okay, I kinda thought that was what the tin snips might be used for, I struggle with my knife.

When using a knife just hold the fish belly up in one hand, slide knife point under the fishes throat and give a quick upwards flick with the knife. Or lay it back down on a cooler, gunnel, etc and slice down.

My must have would be a fish finder/GPS as it sure does make it much less stressful when you running in the dark, fog, bad weather, etc. Great for looking for hotspots from past trips, making sure you’re running baits at the right depths and at the right speed. I can’t recall how many times I swore the GPS was wrong only to find out I was the one who was wrong. It’s saved my butt a few times.

Auto pilot in a crosswind or against waves, money well spent.............

My absolute must have is a fishing net.Just recently I upgraded my old fishing net to one with a six foot handle & a rubber mesh.I have less lure tangles now with the rubber mesh compared to the old nylon mesh net that I used to use,and the old net only had a four foot handle.2F42E6E8-070E-48E1-83BC-DA46C7A992F2.jpeg I lost a few fish within reach of my boat with my older net,and now my catch ratio has gone up with my new net 2DBA810F-21E7-417B-BEED-1B7D586C57A3.jpeg compared to as before. Tight lines & fish on to All!!?????4BD826FA-2DF2-47AB-8ED8-C02C88200FE2.jpeg

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks