Off Topic E tec

Fish Whisperer

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Whos running Etec out there and how do you like them ? Looking at G2 for my boat.

Whos running Etec out there and how do you like them ? Looking at G2 for my boat.
Mine is a 2010 etec and other than maintenance has been flawless bought used with 1400 hrs mnr return off lease has 2700 hrs now. As I said regular maintenance touch wood so far have heard of some with 5000 hrs still going. It's a 175 hp have seen some around $14000.00 in December as end of year clearance. Hopefully my hangs in there for a bit longer. It happens to everyone but is not fun to re moter. I know you have 2 thank God I only have one. Check out totem garage they have some 135s 2016 I believe decent prices factory warranty. Not sure what you need for power but know a guy who re powered down to 150 g2 from a 175 same top end better hole shot and better fuel economy. Just my own opinion.

I dont have one but am a huge evinrude fan. If possible i wouldnt get anything else. I know a gentleman in vienna had one for sale. if im not mistaken a 300hp one. barely used was on his custom bass boat. Drives the Haulin-Bass truck. i could get contact info if you would like. Good luck on your search

I found some decent pricing, I looking for feedback on general over all performance vs 4 stroke. This is my second big boat and first one with outboards. Upgrading is not cheap but want to make sure money is well spent. 4 strokes are nice but I am starting to see an increase in run hours which means increase maintenance costs ie more frequent oil changes. Also I am not a fan of parts pricing for Yamaha, 200 bucks for a timing belt alone. 400 bucks for idler. So I am leaning towards 2 stroke, Etec G2. Like I said earlier I would like to hear about performance vs 4 stroke.

They run some promos in the spring as well that include additional warranty at NC. At one time they were offering a 10 year warranty. I am a Merc guy but that would be very hard to pass on.

Hey, I have the 150 on my current boat (not the G2). I switched after owning a few 4 stokes and the new boat I wanted already had the ETEC on it.

I must say I was very nervous as I’m a little particular... :cool: ....but now I must say I am very happy.

I am on my 6th year with this motor and still very happy. I’ve done the routine maintenance at the marina but it’s so simple I am sure you can do it yourself if you want to save some time/cash.

Unfortunately, I have even hit a rock at 50 miles an hour with the motor. I was still able to get off the water despite the 20k in damage I did.... I could not believe it still ran after this stupid mistake.

And, I am a fisherman.... the 150 trolls just fine down to 1.9 with stainless prop.... and I get to stay out late in the season chasing musky as the wintering is done in the driveway with a simple garden house and key sequence.

Hope this helps! I would buy the G2... ?

I have a 135HO that seems to work fine. Trolls down to 1.6 mph and good on fuel. I have a 10yr warranty with mine and stainless prop.... boat show promotion . Might be worth waiting till January if you can

I agree with hammertime- 100%. I have the 150-E-tec H.O. generation 1 and the fuel economy is outstanding! I will never go back to a Four-Stroke. Plus winterization take approx. 5-10 mins. Cant do that with a four-stroke! Fewer parts equals less maintenance. I also got the 10yr. warranty with my E-Tec. That's a huge Must! Good Luck with your choice and Enjoy! Walleyeman.

I also have the 115 not a g2 just got it this year so far its good lots of punch out of the hole i also have a 10 year warranty. I had a 60 e.tec before this one only had it a year and a half then upgraded to bigger boat it also was good only takes a few mins to winterize it tjen if you get a nice day you can put it back in and just winterize it before you take it out again hope this helps and good luck

I have a 2006 - 90 HP E-Tec on my Alumacraft 165 Navigator. This has been a great package. The motor has lots of power and is good on fuel. I have had standard maintenance and that's all. Very pleased. Jeff

I have a 2008 225hpE-Tec on a 23ft wlak around that is 6000lbs. It uses 1/2 the gas that my 2000 90hp did on a 1500lb, 17ft center console. On an average day the kicker uses more gas the main. The e-tec runs like a top and winterization takes 2 minutes from the helm, you don't even need to take the cover off the motor. Just have to manipulate the throttle control in the right sequence and it fogs itself, shuts down and tells you that winterization is complete.

This will be my first time winterizing it & I'm looking forward to seeing just how easy it is. I troll with mine as well & she just sips the gas!!

Real easy wally hunter i have a lever move it up start engine wait 20 secs put it down wait another 20 put it up when engine quits all winterize best part if get a nice day can take it out and just redo it again before pullin it out the watet

That's what I was told but on mine I just go in the program screen push winterize & don't have to leave my seat lol

I found some decent pricing, I looking for feedback on general over all performance vs 4 stroke. This is my second big boat and first one with outboards. Upgrading is not cheap but want to make sure money is well spent. 4 strokes are nice but I am starting to see an increase in run hours which means increase maintenance costs ie more frequent oil changes. Also I am not a fan of parts pricing for Yamaha, 200 bucks for a timing belt alone. 400 bucks for idler. So I am leaning towards 2 stroke, Etec G2. Like I said earlier I would like to hear about performance vs 4 stroke.
Guy down the road 150Etec is a 2008 and its NFG now. He just dropped another 20G's and bought another one .Can't fix stupid. You will need to put a timing belt on every 1000 hours bro so the $200 won't break the bank.My 150 Yamaha 4 stroke is a 2006 with 1000's of hours on it. My 2002 Yamaha kicker has so many hours on it i can't even count.I put a belt on it after 14 years of trolling LOL.

My Yamaha f150 was a 2005 and cam seized 500 hours oil changed yearly synthetic only. It was 1 of 2 . Second has 500 hours on. Have had injector problems and heat issue. New injectors yearly tune up yearly. Water pump every 2 year. Timing belt was like new. Top bearing in head lack of oil. On line reading has produced bad balancers

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks