Off Topic Mercury Vesselview mobile

rastam4n

Site Sponsor
R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Maybe I’ve been under a rock or something but I had no idea that these things even existed. I was having issues with my wot rpm with the used boat I purchased. My wot rpms were way too high, so I figured it was either the incorrect prop or the gauge. Came across this vesselview thing and decided it was cheaper then buying a new prop and/or a gauge if the prop didn’t solve it.. been there done this before...,
Anyhow long story short. Installed the vesselview in about 10 mins and instantly first test run could see it was my rpm gauge...
the bonus is I now have so much info on my phone it’s amazing. Water temp, water pressure, oil temp, oil pressure, current fuel use, gallons of fuel left, lake water temp, rpm, and more seriously there’s 3 pages of info to view.
I’m impressed.. if you don’t have one you should get one!

Maybe I’ve been under a rock or something but I had no idea that these things even existed. I was having issues with my wot rpm with the used boat I purchased. My wot rpms were way too high, so I figured it was either the incorrect prop or the gauge. Came across this vesselview thing and decided it was cheaper then buying a new prop and/or a gauge if the prop didn’t solve it.. been there done this before...,
Anyhow long story short. Installed the vesselview in about 10 mins and instantly first test run could see it was my rpm gauge...
the bonus is I now have so much info on my phone it’s amazing. Water temp, water pressure, oil temp, oil pressure, current fuel use, gallons of fuel left, lake water temp, rpm, and more seriously there’s 3 pages of info to view.
I’m impressed.. if you don’t have one you should get one!
Got one when I got my boat
No more guessing what the beeps are if you have a problem
Only downside I have a kicker that use fuel from main tank it do not calculate for that fuel use but it gives you optimal Rpm for efficiency when running main engine

How much was it? I've had my eye on the vessel view link as everything will display on my Lowrance head unit, however it's rather pricey.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks