Fishing Report Port Stanley Aug. 13th

Wave Runner

R.O.C. (Radio Operator's Certificate)
Darren and I gave it another go this morning managing a quick 2 man limit of walleye and 4 bows. Fished 45-47 fow and riggers outperformed the Dipsys 3-1 today. Caught a double on 1 line using a slider for the first time on the rigger. Also something I've never had happen before, a 7 lb. walleye that gulfed 2 lures from 2 different rods on opposite sides of the boat. o_O:jawdrop: That was interesting as Darren reeled in one line and I the other thinking we had separate fish on, the glutton never had a chance. ;) I released the big girl unharmed after gently removing both lures hooked well inside the mouth that fortunately didn't get the gills. Fun day again! ?

IMG_20190813_100401.jpg

IMG_20190813_105021.jpg

IMG_20190813_110930.jpg

IMG_20190813_112650.jpg

IMG_20190813_112738.jpg

IMG_20190813_100310.jpg

Last edited:
@Wave Runner congrats on the double firsts. ?

I had a double hook up last year, had the process video taped only to find the "videographer" never stood up at the front of the boat and did a wonderful job of filming everyone's back. LOL :banghead::banghead:?
Thanks and yes that's different having 2 fish on 1 line but I can't imagine 2 bows. :wideyed:

By the way I tried those Torpedo slider snap swivels today and they are fast to hook on but they don't stay on well. I almost lost a lure a couple of times so put on regular snap swivels that I know won't come off.

Wasn’t it suppose to rain today?? That was the forecast from yesterday for today,therefore I didn’t hook up my boat last night!!:banghead::banghead: Oh well,there will hopefully still be better days coming up for fishing.o_O By the way,excellent photo’s & post again @Wave Runner & you and your fishing partner Darren,had another fantastic day of fishing on Lake Erie!! I noticed that you are fishing out of port stanley lately,and whatever happened to you fishing out of port glasgow which is closer to your house & there are such as many fish being caught there as well from anglers that I have talken to,and it gets deeper faster at port glasgow than at port stanley,again,just wondering why the switch all of a sudden ?? or did the quantity of fish move further east perhaps from port glasgow & area? ? I usually like to fish near port glasgow or even at port bruce were I had most of my success.I know that port burwell has been fantastic as well!! Also,that’s amazing about catching a walleye on two different lures/rods and as you mentioned,the glutton never had a chance!! Enjoy your walleye & trout fry,to you and your partner & tight lines on your next trip out.??

Actually @Red Hering Stanley is closer by 10 minutes to me than Glasgow. I just wanted a change of pace and seems to be just as many fish. ? The fish are in close only 47 ft. which is not far out. I looked at the forecast with good wind and thought even if it does rain it won't be much so went anyway. Besides I have that new Gortex rain suit I've yet to try out. ;) It was a very nice day out there but I guess others also thought it was going to rain because there was not even one other boat around. ? First one I saw was just coming out at the lighthouse when we were going back in. Good luck Erich hope to see you out there. ?

Actually @Red Hering Stanley is closer by 10 minutes to me than Glasgow. I just wanted a change of pace and seems to be just as many fish. ? The fish are in close only 47 ft. which is not far out. I looked at the forecast with good wind and thought even if it does rain it won't be much so went anyway. Besides I have that new Gortex rain suit I've yet to try out. ;) It was a very nice day out there but I guess others also thought it was going to rain because there was not even one other boat around. ? First one I saw was just coming out at the lighthouse when we were going back in. Good luck Erich hope to see you out there. ?
I didn't expect to do go out myself today but the lack of rain early morn got me moving. Was a bit rolly out there..in maitland ?we had a 3 man limit in no time ?

Good luck to you as well @Wave Runner and your partner,and as of now,I don’t know when or on what lake I will be on next.It could be lake erie or even on lake huron which I have been patiently waiting to fish,but the winds/waves have been too nasty so far this season,but hopefully soon for Lake Huron & tight lines!! ??

@Wave Runner Hey! Really enjoy this site and have read many of your post. I've been wanting to bleed out my fish for awhile and those scissors look like the ticket. I'm curious , when you bleed out your fish do you do it in the live well? The deck? Over the side? Lol Probably a dumb question, just wondering how you deal with the mess. :)

I didn't expect to do go out myself today but the lack of rain early morn got me moving. Was a bit rolly out there..in maitland ?we had a 3 man limit in no time ?
Way to go Dave Haven't been out because I've been watching the weather on wind finder, maybe I should just go and deal with the chop. I've been waiting for a flat day to try the jigging thing or drifting as we were talking about. You still getting them out at the fingers?

I found out that I have today off over an error by dispatch. :D

But...... Burwell winds are in the teens so I am still at home. :cry::oops:

If someone is out and conditions are good, I can be down in under 90 minutes. ?

Darren and I gave it another go this morning managing a quick 2 man limit of walleye and 4 bows. Fished 45-47 fow and riggers outperformed the Dipsys 3-1 today. Caught a double on 1 line using a slider for the first time on the rigger. Also something I've never had happen before, a 7 lb. walleye that gulfed 2 lures from 2 different rods on opposite sides of the boat. o_O:jawdrop: That was interesting as Darren reeled in one line and I the other thinking we had separate fish on, the glutton never had a chance. ;) I released the big girl unharmed after gently removing both lures hooked well inside the mouth that fortunately didn't get the gills. Fun day again! ?

View attachment 17031

View attachment 17032

View attachment 17033

View attachment 17034

View attachment 17038

View attachment 17035
Nice pictures good catch. I like the sheers idea I have been bleeding my fish for years, and sheers look safer then knife.

@Wave Runner Hey! Really enjoy this site and have read many of your post. I've been wanting to bleed out my fish for awhile and those scissors look like the ticket. I'm curious , when you bleed out your fish do you do it in the live well? The deck? Over the side? Lol Probably a dumb question, just wondering how you deal with the mess. :)
I bleed them in the live well and keep it running on timer which flushes the bloodied water out continuously keeping the water clean for the next fish. After they have been in at least 5 minutes I transfer them to the cooler on ice. Works great and everything stays fairly clean that way. If you haven't bled your fish before you will amazed at the difference later when cleaning as well as the improvement in taste. Another plus is your cooler doesn't look like a bomb went off in it and is much easier to clean out later. :)

Last edited:
Nice pictures good catch. I like the sheers idea I have been bleeding my fish for years, and sheers look safer then knife.
Yes the sheers are definitely safer to use. I have cut myself a few times with the knife when the fish shook. :)

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks