I fish that area alot. Your a little late in year now to target trout although there is a small resident population of bows and browns . Fall brings bigger fish up including the odd salmon. All I have caught above the dam is bass and sunfish. The area you are fishing is easily accessible therefore recieves alot of pressure. Try off the beaten path down stream in log jams and pools where others would pass by.

I fish that area alot. Your a little late in year now to target trout although there is a small resident population of bows and browns . Fall brings bigger fish up including the odd salmon. All I have caught above the dam is bass and sunfish. The area you are fishing is easily accessible therefore recieves alot of pressure. Try off the beaten path down stream in log jams and pools where others would pass by.
Do you think there is a problem with my technique or how long i spend fishing in a spot, or is this moreso the reasons you mentioned and the fact that there may only be a few fish in that popular stretch?

Well we all fish different !! Some have the patience to pick a pool apart for hours for one single fish. Not me . Being a bass guy ( ex tourneys) I dont habe that. Generally iam 10 to 15 min per spot and moving on. Not saying I would not come back to a good looking spot but I dont have the patience. I'd rather cover water. Having said that I think your bait selection is fine . Live bait/ roe under a float or a single split shot is hard to beat. The spinner chocie is a good one . My biggest youngs creek bow came on a mepps. I would lean more towards wrong timing and location. There are some pretty good trout fisherman on here judging by some of the pics, maybe they can lend some advice.

Naming a creek on the internet is frowned upon by many of us. We've worked hard for our fish and know from past experience what added pressure can do, not only to the fishery, but to continued access to good water. Some landowners just get sick of the mess and damage on their properties and up go the No Trespassing signs. The one tip I will post is something I learned a long time ago. If you want to get trout consistently, you must stalk the creek like it was a deer that you want to sneak up on and slap on the ass.

I fish it all the time got this one a few weeks ago on worm. Hit every hole it's a bit late this
Year for big ones until fall.View attachment 14438
Also lots of 10-20" fish like this brown I got 2 holes before I got the rainbow View attachment 14439
Nice to hear from you again @StringoftheThames & good to see that you are fishing and not working all the time!! I thought that I might of met up with you again just like last year on the Thames River for walleye’s,after the Zone 16 sanctuary was lifted on May 11/19.Keep in touch,(pm),and tight lines to the rest of your fishing season’s.?????

Attachments

• 7BB67557-C58C-4FF0-AFD8-497B0F4E43C5.jpeg
    7BB67557-C58C-4FF0-AFD8-497B0F4E43C5.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 4
Youngs is NOT a secret and hasn't been in years. Its listed on norfolks website as a fishing place for tourists. Listed in Dover on lake erie sign for everyone to see. On every pamphlet norfolk county issues its listed as a location and even what species is present.. It's not like it's a tiny back stream hidden in back forty is some farmers field. Perhaps get a hold of Norfolk county and see if they will remove this info ??

Youngs is NOT a secret and hasn't been in years. Its listed on norfolks website as a fishing place for tourists. Listed in Dover on lake erie sign for everyone to see. On every pamphlet norfolk county issues its listed as a location and even what species is present.. It's not like it's a tiny back stream hidden in back forty is some farmers field. Perhaps get a hold of Norfolk county and see if they will remove this info ??
No but we still dont need Yahoo's from Toronto coming down because someone posted some pictures with names. We dont stock fish like other fisheries. if you drove around and seen them signs the you can drive around and find a fisherman to talk to or if you spent enough time somewhere you would meet others. In person. Is it not in the form rules not to burn spots?

Oh boy here we go just when I thought winternet was over! LOL!!! ?
Up Young's Creek without paddle... OOPS! :oops: not supposed to put creek names on the internet. :sorry:;)

Last edited:
No
No but we still dont need Yahoo's from Toronto coming down because someone posted some pictures with names. We dont stock fish like other fisheries. if you drove around and seen them signs the you can drive around and find a fisherman to talk to or if you spent enough time somewhere you would meet others. In person. Is it not in the form rules not to burn spots?
No it's on the county. They advertise it online canada wide as a tourism spot for fishing. It's like saying lake Ontario is a fishing spot...its not hidden. In fact see attached . It took me 10 seconds to research this and its listed 20 times! True we dont need additional pressure but dont we travel to other counties to fish? Detroit river? Niagra ? Lake O? Quite? If there is an issue it should.be brought up to the county not a fellow local fisherman on a lake erie forum mentioned a lake erie trib spot asking for help. Just my opinion. Screenshot_20190529-103448_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20190529-103448_Chrome.jpg

Oh sorry about that. I can delete the thread tomorrow for you guys. Thanks for all the tips though
Hey you don't have to delete the thread, your just asking sensible fishing questions and that's what this forum is all about. You just need a little thicker skin because everybody on here has an opinion about almost anything
and your completely entitled to yours. Enjoy the forum and don't hold back, keep posting. ? ;)

Up Young's Creek without paddle... OOPS! :oops: not supposed to creek put names on the internet. :sorry:;)
[/[/QUOTE
Hey you don't have to delete the thread, your just asking sensible fishing questions and that's what this forum is all about. You just need a little thicker skin because everybody on here has an opinion about almost anything
and your completely entitled to yours. Enjoy the forum and don't hold back, keep posting. ? ;)
A thumb up ?@Wave Runner from @Red Hering (with less hair than Don Cherry!! :cautious: lol :ROFLMAO:),for your reply back to @Bulwreck ;)?

Attachments

• 25E0E95D-7240-4E50-8E4A-486712824164.jpeg
    25E0E95D-7240-4E50-8E4A-486712824164.jpeg
    991.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks