My report from St. Williams Today

Yep she's colder than a witches titty out there now! so only a matter of time for walkin i wouldn't take a machine though,plus i don't have one anyways lol
Definitely a smart idea @Rjohn about not taking a machine,even walking could still be dangerous with the cold temperatures happening right now,and the weather only putting on a thin sheet of ice at this moment,and then covering it with light snow over some of the open spot’s out in the bay,according to @Fish Farmer yesterday that he saw and was walking around the open spot’s!! You are right though,it is cold out there,and if Michael Jackson was still alive today,he would be wearing 2 gloves,instead of his usual 1 glove!! :rolleyes::whistle:lol Lets hope for the ice to freeze up for safe ice conditions hopefully soon and good luck if you get a chance to go ice fishing again soon. ;)?

Got on the ice around 8 pm. We fished to 3;30 and nada, just a few dinks came around didn't touch.
We must have moved a dozen times. We fished the area about 1 K out from Booths.
We were the only 2 idiots out.o_Oo_O
Ice was slushy on top and was some big open spots we walked around.
Was 1 hut left out still west of Willys. All the rental and private huts were on the ice near shore.
Some guys were putting huts on trailers and leaving. If you have a hut there on ice, its your call to get it off.
The huts looked ok on the ice near shore but with this weather who knows what will happen.
I tried to post from my iphone but for some reason won't let me on, doesn't let me log on with my name and password.:banghead::banghead:
Don't know why, tried a few times then locked me out. somebody help this old geezer :unsure::D Took some pictures I'll post later.

KR6pSfb.jpg

CNIjYHr.jpg

6KgLyvc.jpg

QFv0knj.jpg

5yBXChN.jpg

Cl48Mvf.jpg

bZB5Y6q.jpg
Hey FF, that one hut you seen off to west wasnt a 6x10 OSB sided one was it, I was down there 2 days ago to check on mine shore side and re block it. It is not in any of the pics you posted. Kind of concerning

Last edited:
Fish Farmer, thankyou for sharing your day in pics. showing the huts and the ice and shore. I have been pacing the house here in Stratford all day thinking about St. Williams as I have my gear all spread out in the rec room. Thanks again Fish Farmer.

Hey FF, that one hut you seen off to west wasnt a 6x10 OSB sided one was it, I was down there 2 days ago to check on mine shore side and re block it. It is not in any of the pics you posted. Kind of concerning
That hut off to the west was a long way off, sorry couldn't make it out. Your hut maybe there and I didn't get it in the pictures Hope yours is ok.
I remember a couple years ago a guy left his hut out and got charged BIG TIME
Fish Farmer, thankyou for sharing your day in pics. showing the huts and the ice and shore. I have been pacing the house here in Stratford all day thinking about St. Williams as I have my gear all spread out in the rec room. Thanks again Fish Farmer.
With this wind I'd be very cautious going out now. I couldn't believe the open spots we went around out there.
We still had 5-6" of ice and water slush on top, was hard pulling the portable. Be Careful if those open spots freeze maybe only a inch of ice with a little snow cover could spell a disaster.
I should have taken a picture of them. they'd be about 50' X 50' Makes one wonder why it was open in those spots, I didn't get to close.
My buddy fishingjoe was out there a few days earlier and had great luck and in a few days nada. Maybe this thaw has chased them out.
You guys be careful if you go out.

Looks like more than a bad day for whoevers hut sank. That's the reason I don't leave one out it's a big commitment and you must be able to get down to bay asap to save your hut if needed.

@Fish Farmer I ran down early this morning. Mine luckily was OK but some of the huts that were in you're pics just 24 hrs ago are not. It's crazy how it can change. Some guys are gunna have a bad day.
That good news your hut is ok, That Rent to Own hut is the one in my pictures but it's missing a bottom by the looks. That's going to be a job to get out, it probably sitting on bottom.
Is that your hut the gray square hut flat roof in your pictures?

Last edited:
Nice try fish farmer...better luck fishin next time..

the ol rule for ice huts was they had to be registered with the MNR thus registration numbers fixed on the huts to identitfy the owner....March 15 was the date huts had to be off the ice..

this was to prevent huts left out in the bay...I can remember hearing boats hitting ice huts floating (just under the surface) in the start of boating season...it can create a dangerous situation..

can anyone update ice hut regulations...

Like I said on another post we never built or bothered with a hut for LPB...yes it is a big commitment & responsibility...

That good news your hut is ok, That Rent to Own hut is the one in my pictures but it's missing a bottom by the looks. That's going to be a job to get out, it probably sitting on bottom.
Is that your hut the gray square hut flat roof in your pictures?
Yes. The one still on top is mine.

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks