My report from St. Williams Today

Fish Farmer

Got on the ice around 8 pm. We fished to 3;30 and nada, just a few dinks came around didn't touch.
We must have moved a dozen times. We fished the area about 1 K out from Booths.
We were the only 2 idiots out.o_Oo_O
Ice was slushy on top and was some big open spots we walked around.
Was 1 hut left out still west of Willys. All the rental and private huts were on the ice near shore.
Some guys were putting huts on trailers and leaving. If you have a hut there on ice, its your call to get it off.
The huts looked ok on the ice near shore but with this weather who knows what will happen.
I tried to post from my iphone but for some reason won't let me on, doesn't let me log on with my name and password.:banghead::banghead:
Don't know why, tried a few times then locked me out. somebody help this old geezer :unsure::D Took some pictures I'll post later.

KR6pSfb.jpg

CNIjYHr.jpg

6KgLyvc.jpg

QFv0knj.jpg

5yBXChN.jpg

Cl48Mvf.jpg

bZB5Y6q.jpg

Last edited:
I just contacted Jimmy Riggins as I have a trip booked Monday. They will be putting the huts back out this afternoon!
Thanks so much for the update @BrentEve!! Good luck next monday,and I will be planning on fishing long point bay again sometime next week as well!! ?o_O

Got on the ice around 8 pm. We fished to 3;30 and nada, just a few dinks came around didn't touch.
We must have moved a dozen times. We fished the area about 1 K out from Booths.
We were the only 2 idiots out.o_Oo_O
Ice was slushy on top and was some big open spots we walked around.
Was 1 hut left out still west of Willys. All the rental and private huts were on the ice near shore.
Some guys were putting huts on trailers and leaving. If you have a hut there on ice, its your call to get it off.
The huts looked ok on the ice near shore but with this weather who knows what will happen.
I tried to post from my iphone but for some reason won't let me on, doesn't let me log on with my name and password.:banghead::banghead:
Don't know why, tried a few times then locked me out. somebody help this old geezer :unsure::D Took some pictures I'll post later.

KR6pSfb.jpg

CNIjYHr.jpg

6KgLyvc.jpg

QFv0knj.jpg

5yBXChN.jpg

Cl48Mvf.jpg

bZB5Y6q.jpg
Thanks for your update @Fish Farmer!! ?:) I like your photo’s,and I think especially @Huron will love the ice hut’s photo’s.Myself and likely others were curious on how you made out yesterday fishing off St.Williams.Glad to read that you all made it safe,but unfortunately the perch didn’t show up for you guys.On a better note,the weather is getting blustery again,and I am planning on getting back out there next week,ice conditions permitting.Tight lines to you & everyone else & perch/pike ON!! ?:)?

That's better looking ice than I thought would still be around. Play safe
I totally agree with you as well @fishin fool I too thought that the ice would not be around,but apparently there were some open spots out there according to @Fish Farmer and no thanks,I wouldn’t of walked on that,but it is good to read that they were safe after a day of fishing. ?:)

I just wonder if the crazy winds today will break up some of the ice on LPB after this thaw?
I still won’t go to Cuba to fish @Wave Runner if these crazy winds will break up some of the ice on LPB!! I am looking through my ice fishing tackle at this moment,and next week the ice will be safe again!! o_O Here’s hoping!! lol Besides,the cold weather is good for your health!! lol :giggle:?;)?1244512446

I'd definitely wait for the bay to have time to recover after the warm spell. Photos taken & FB posted by old cut livery

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1549646676866.jpg
    FB_IMG_1549646676866.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 121
  • FB_IMG_1549646668709.jpg
    FB_IMG_1549646668709.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 124
This is the exact response I recieved when I asked about Monday.

"So far so good huts should be back on the bay this afternoon

Jimmy Carroll

Jimmy Riggin' Fishing Charters"

I know things can change and weather doesn't always cooperate. ?? hoping that at least by Monday morning everything is great and I can finally pop my ice fishing cherry! If not this will be two years in a row mother nature prevented me from going:(

Last edited:
I'd definitely wait for the bay to have time to recover after the warm spell. Photos taken & FB posted by old cut livery
:oops:WOW!! :oops: Thanks for sharing @Extra Virgin But a bad question. Is the boat ramp open at the old cut boat livery??:unsure::whistle: It looks like we definitely need some extreme cold temperatures again real soon to harden things back up again,and hopefully fast!! ;)??

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks