Off topic, maybe not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

can't miss

Not looking to boil over the winter-net, but slow time? Sat on this post for a long time now, Global Warming, I take the 5th, on the fence, is it a thing? Personally I have seen a lot of change's, that said, maybe just old guy talk?
I know Stomp's has a great mix of all ages, generation's, what's everyone else think?

If your an old guy you know that things are warming up, 12 degrees tomorrow. Over time winters are getting lighter here. Weather is more variable, maybe call it climate change instead of warming. I'm in my mid 50's and definitely notice the change. My mother calls it a hoax and that's its natural for the climate to change, not human caused. She also makes a great point that we, humans, are so goods at dealing with adversity and change we can handle anything the environment throws at us.
Me I do the minimum, recycle, try not to waste stuff, don't buy cheap throw away stuff. But I drive a lot, snowmobile, boat, and even have a classic car that passes few gas stations. I'm starting to feel a little guilty but it's a big commitment to make the changes I should. Get rid of the boat and river fish, trade the sled for snow shoes, only drive when absolutely necessary, cancell flying vacations, get ride of the classic car, move to a small house, don't eat red meat, yadayadayada. I think I'll make some changes in the new year, small ones maybe ease into being a tree huger, can't hurt right?

It's a natural climate change. The earth has went through cycles long before your car was classic!!! All the things you said above are great things to do for the environment but wont change the warming trend one bit....enjoy it

If one looks at the amount of oil that has been consumed over the past century and a half, the minerals that are now able to be mined, (exotic ones that is), and the sheer increase in population by humans, it only stands to reason that the climate will be affected.
Our planet is doomed, just look at Revelations, it is the new heaven and earth that we should be looking towards.

In the news today

The temperature set a record for Dec. 28 in Peterborough when it plunged to -30.5 C early Thursday morning, feeling more like -37 C with the wind chill, smashing the all-time low temperature for Peterborough of -30 C set in 1933, according to Environment Canada records that date back to 1866.

Pull up a map of the community you live in online. Start with your neighbourhood, then slowly expand 1 frame at a time and take a good look at the thermal radiator we walk and drive on every day. I spend as much time as I can barefoot and kinda figure that grass is cooler to walk on than asphalt.

The temperature gauge on my vehicle tells me it is running at 190 and I'm pretty sure the combustion and exhaust temperature is just a wee bit higher than that. Even though I've installed the most efficient furnace I can afford you can rest assured that the exhaust leaving on a frigid winter morning is far warmer than the outside air. Need I go on?

We ARE our own worst enemy.

Pull up a map of the community you live in online. Start with your neighbourhood, then slowly expand 1 frame at a time and take a good look at the thermal radiator we walk and drive on every day. I spend as much time as I can barefoot and kinda figure that grass is cooler to walk on than asphalt.

The temperature gauge on my vehicle tells me it is running at 190 and I'm pretty sure the combustion and exhaust temperature is just a wee bit higher than that. Even though I've installed the most efficient furnace I can afford you can rest assured that the exhaust leaving on a frigid winter morning is far warmer than the outside air. Need I go on?

We ARE our own worst enemy.
Again the earth has been getting warmer thousands of years before you drove your car to the supermarket! Do we contribute? Yes absolutely. Will it stop if we remove all human made heat and pollution?? Absolutely NOT. Did ice ages melt because of your furnace? NO. Cycles are natural so better get used to it. Be good to the environment and it will be good back but let's be realistic....with or without us , its getting warmer out there

I work in Oil and Gas production so it's all my fault. That's right I killed the planet and I don't even feel bad about it. But seriously the worst by product of cheap energy is over population. If we keep doubling the population every 20 years a couple of degrees warmer will be the least of your problems. How ever don't shit Where you eat. If we all do a little it adds up to a lot.

Nature is a very powerful creature. Short term observations may lead to faulty conclusions. Climate vs current weather often get confused. Climate goes up and down, just like the cycle of water depth in the great lakes.

Nature is a very powerful creature. Short term observations may lead to faulty conclusions. Climate vs current weather often get confused. Climate goes up and down, just like the cycle of water depth in the great lakes.
Agreed completely. Over population hurts as well

After checking the calender this morning, I might be two years behind.
Happy New Year everyone.

Every time one of the over 100 active volcanos on our planet erupts more carbon and shit goes into the worlds atmosphere than years worth of automotive, coal, and fuel combustion.

Climate change is a 100% made up bunch of shit to make gullable people pay more for a shit load less.

Doesn't help we have all these green and environmental ass holes pushing and lobbying our governments for more taxes and bullshit.

Our country as a whole is less than 5% of the world's pollution.

Do what ever makes you feel more like a yuppy!

Ill continue to burn fossil fuels and have fun.

Every time one of the over 100 active volcanos on our planet erupts more carbon and shit goes into the worlds atmosphere than years worth of automotive, coal, and fuel combustion.

Climate change is a 100% made up bunch of shit to make gullable people pay more for a shit load less.

Doesn't help we have all these green and environmental ass holes pushing and lobbying our governments for more taxes and bullshit.

Our country as a whole is less than 5% of the world's pollution.

Do what ever makes you feel more like a yuppy!

Ill continue to burn fossil fuels and have fun.

Another uneducated (politely put) member of our society, that think it's OK to continue to rape mother Earth at the same rate we have been doing for the past couple of centuries. Volcanoes produce about 0.645 billion tons of CO2 per year while humans produce about 29 billion tons per year. That's roughly 44 times more CO2 than volcanoes!
Humans are the major force behind the current climate change. Yes, it is not the first or the last climate change in Earth history. But what apparently a lot of members of this board fail to realize it's the fastest in history. The changes that took thousands+ years in the past, now happening within a span of our life. I would think that you, at the fisherman, should realize that all this pollution and deforestation on a large scale can only have a negative impact on Earth and climate in particular.
Nothing wrong with driving a truck, but how about shutting it off while you are loading or unloading your boat? Start with yourself as I always say, so your grand kids can still enjoy of what is left of this beautiful planet.

Last edited:
Okay I believe the volcano thing.

How about this. The only thing that will save this world's climate is spaying and nueturing every possible breeder that might use a fossil fuel.

Our country isn't the problem.

China and India are the problem. Want to save the world don't ever buy another thing made in China. That will have more impact daily than you not idling your truck at the boat launch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks