Hastings Drive Webcam

orbital540

I’ve set up a live webcam for myself and local anglers to check how rough the water is off of Hastings Drive, Long Point. I’ve been using the webcams at Turkey Point and Oldcut for years now, and thought I would share the one I set up. http://live.corkepoint.com
It's a little spotty for working all the time, yet it's been great for showing me the wind and wave activity.

Safe fishing!
Steve

That is great, I hope you have excellent bandwidth. Once the word gets out, it will be flooded with use!

Sweet! I've driven down Hastings and admired your "cottage". That camera is a great tool for people wondering about the current lake conditions.

That is great, I hope you have excellent bandwidth. Once the word gets out, it will be flooded with use!
Bandwidth is pretty good for work reasons primarily, yet something I'll keep an eye on, thanks. I have the stream set to low definition for that reason. If a big wind storm rolls in, I'll change the stream up to HD for that day and pull out some popcorn.

Sweet! I've driven down Hastings and admired your "cottage". That camera is a great tool for people wondering about the current lake conditions.
Thanks! It's been a big project since last October. I baited a rod at put on a rod holder on the end of the dock while working on it and landed a bunch of good sized catfish, carp and silver bass only a few feet off shore.

Hey @orbital540, maybe we could arrive at a solution where this site could somehow help fund the "CorkeCam"? I'm sure many here would be willing to contribute to a live eye on the lake.

I’ve set up a live webcam for myself and local anglers to check how rough the water is off of Hastings Drive, Long Point. I’ve been using the webcams at Turkey Point and Oldcut for years now, and thought I would share the one I set up. http://live.corkepoint.com
It's a little spotty for working all the time, yet it's been great for showing me the wind and wave activity.

Safe fishing!
Steve
Thanks. That is awesome .

Hey @orbital540, maybe we could arrive at a solution where this site could somehow help fund the "CorkeCam"? I'm sure many here would be willing to contribute to a live eye on the lake.

I appreciate the offer Stomp, yet as long as bandwidth permits (which I think it will), contributions won't be necessary. I do video editing with my job so require the large bandwidth when up their working, with or without this webcam. Worst case scenario, may just set it to come on for 15 minutes on the top of every hour in the day and night. I think the webcam can really help anglers be safer when thinking about going out onto Lake side, with a quick check. Also, I want to use the site to highlight important issues in the Long Point area, with an emphasis on Hastings Drive. Currently I'm highlighting the upcoming OMB hearing October 4th. Yet, in the future if you have an event or news you want highlighted, let me know.
Also, any contributions of old pictures or documents relating to Hastings Drive or Long Point, I would be happy to post.

Night vision is coming soon to it, was having difficulty with it, yet should be up in less then 2 weeks. CorkeCam lol like the name!

Safe fishing!
Steve

Cudos to you for your Webcam efforts....That structure you built on your Beach is awesome....

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks