Yak Attack Saturday 22 aft or Sunday 23 Port Burwell?

King Joe

We had the huge wind last night....and Windy.com shows calming through the day (as low as 1mph at 1:00-ish). Sounds good but, Windy burned me before as on a trip before, wind was nice but waves were still hopping from the night before.

Anybody out this morning able to comment on wind/waves at Burwell? Its been a couple weeks since yak attacking (stupid work)...and I needing a fix.

Anybody want to join me?

King Joe

I will be down in the morning. Wanna target some perch out of burwell with the family. Any sugestions on where to start??

Hey King Joe.
Do you ever go at Port Maitland?
Another yaker here.

Last edited:
We had the huge wind last night....and Windy.com shows calming through the day (as low as 1mph at 1:00-ish). Sounds good but, Windy burned me before as on a trip before, wind was nice but waves were still hopping from the night before.
Windy is very accurate giving wind speeds but just because the wind drops down doesn't necessarily mean the waves have. Depending on wind direction it can take several hours once the lake is blown up for the waves to settle back down even with light wind. Waves only settle quickly with reverse wind to what blew it up in the first place. The weather buoy real time is still your best indicator of present conditions.

Hey Borg
I was looking at Port Maitland. Never have gone off there (yet). Considerations for sure in choosing out locations....I watch the reports and look at the depths the guys are reporting. Then I go to the various online charts and bathymetric sites to plot how far out I gotta go to get those depths....and go from there. I have been far out in Ontario and Erie for sure....but for sure, I kinda like to know what I am getting into BEFORE heading out. That said, I think where the reports have been for Maitland...we are starting about 5 miles out....STARTING. I was out yesterday on Burwell...and easily was fishing (52'dpw) 6-8 miles (according to charts).

Pt Maitland...heck, Erie may be done for this season for walleye...but next season, I will get there to try.....OF course, if you are up for a Maitland run this season...I'm game.

King Joe

Hi King Joe.
I am a dirty kayak (2.5Hp/gas/4 stroke - no smelly smoke at least) I can go far and I am your backup for the way back. I do that for some friends.
I never been to Naticoke, I know there is a derby this week there.
I want to try it this Sunday morning, let me know if you want to join.
I do have a VHF station as well, if you want to chat on it let me know.
My plan is to go at least few times on Erie in October.
Have fun and be safe.

Last edited:
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Advertising is what keeps Channel 6-8 on the air. To this end, please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker. If you would prefer an ad-free experience, but would still like to help support site operations, please consider making a donation.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks