1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WTB Deep Sea Rod / Reel combo

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by fishstalker, Feb 3, 2011.

1. fishstalker

fishstalker Well-Known Member

Anyone have a deep sea rod and reel combo gathering dust? Going south next month and looking for a heavier set for Caribbean Fishing. Please email me. Thanks

2. Doodle

Doodle Member

I have an Ugly Stick(bws1100) with Shimano AX 500 S reel.....Good heavy duty set up.....$50.00 takes it....Can meet today, I'm in Brantford
    Text or call me for quick response
    Doodle (Paul)
    519-771-3902

3. fishstalker

Thanks Doodle I'm looking for a trolling or jigging level wind combo, I should have been more specific. I want a heavy set up for offshore, I already have a Shimano Surge (Spinning) set up. Thanks anyways! Still looking!

4. Doodle

Doodle Member

No prob..........I'll talk to a few of my buddies and see what I can can come up with........we'll get ya something !!!!....We have a lot of misc crap between us !!

5. fishstalker

bump still looking! Leaving soon!

6. fishstalker

7. Josh Roelofsen

Josh Roelofsen Well-Known Member

http://ontario.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-sports-bikes-fishing-rod-and-reel-for-musky-pike-W0QQAdIdZ259717816#

this might work...........

Josh

8. big guy

big guy Well-Known Member

Don't know if it's too late for you, but I order from Cabelas and have whatever, (usually offshore fishing gear) and have them ship it to my destination. It has always been there waiting for me when I get there. It has always worked for me without fail,(knock on wood) plus their gear is top notch. Their express shipping works for those pressed for time too, just a little more money over regular shipping costs. If you do go this route, ALWAYS talk to someone LIVE when ordering to help with the process. They are very helpful and insightful. Good luck and good fishing.8D

9. fishstalker

10. Yogibear

Yogibear New Member

Hi Paul (Doodle)
    Last month I was in the Bahamas and I broke the handle of my old Shimano AX 500S, tripping in the rocks while fighting a nice jack. I just learned that the replacement handle (Shimano part # RD 1724) is discontinued and I can't find it anywhere. So the only way to save my old reel is to buy another old one to get replacement parts including the handle. So my question is: Is your old Shimano AX 500S still for sale and would you be willing to sell the reel only? If yes I will call you.
    Thanks and have a good day
    Yves :)